• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

any geeks want to help keep this forum working

Started by Russell Kanning, April 08, 2018, 03:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I don't have enough time to keep things going.
If we have a couple more people willing to help, maybe Kat can give you a password and we can fix a couple of things.

I need a way to let people sign up for an account, without having to wade through 1000s of bots.

WithoutAPaddle

"Latest" member:
libertyinmylifetime
Lurker

Date Registered:
September 07, 2016, 09:52 AM NHFT

Seriously.

Russell Kanning

jerryswife

I would be willing to spend some time on it, but I cannot promise big swaths of time but I could do some.

K neth

But isn't No-Newbs one of the good things about this place? :confused:

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: jerryswife on April 09, 2018, 07:55 PM NHFT
I would be willing to spend some time on it, but I cannot promise big swaths of time but I could do some.

Well. If you start processing the New Member, pending applications using LIFO instead of FIFO, you surely could accomplish something with very little effort.

Russell Kanning

see that is the clearheaded thinking needed around here for a change

Russell Kanning

I just changed jerryswife a globalmoderator .... let's see what that does for you

Russell Kanning

I am deleting pages of members that have never been online .... I think it is up to 31000 before I turned off the spout

jerryswife

OK, you made me a moderator, now what, when I logged on everything other than the messages themselves is in a foreign language.  By that I do not mean that it is in geek speak, I mean it is literally in a foreign language. Now I will "posto" it.

Russell Kanning

when I went to your profile the other day the language said "albanian"
I thought .... I guess she likes a challenge, so I left it that way.
I must have bumped that button while I was looking at that page.
So now I changed it to English.
That should work better.

WithoutAPaddle

CNN is now reporting the uprising in Albania, where they are firebombing the New Hampshire Underground consulate as I type this.

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

FWIW, once the log in screen returned, my log ins immediately were "timed out" for over a day.  Then, when  I saw that the Administrator had successfully logged in I hacked a little, and changed my log in interval from 240 minutes to stay always logged in.  That obstacle may be afflicting others.