• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

any geeks want to help keep this forum working

Started by Russell Kanning, April 08, 2018, 03:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

It looks like either you and I are the only two who have "figured this out", or maybe I am the only one who has, while you don't need to because the login time constraint might not apply the same way to administrators as it does to rank-and-file members.

Russell Kanning

from the beginning
I used to push the little button that says "stay logged on" or something like that

WithoutAPaddle

But most others don't, as evidenced by the fact that when I look as the Users Onlne stat's I typically see a dozen or more guests, but only one or two logged in users. Many may not even be aware of that Profile feature.

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

I lost my log in capability for a day, but just now got it back.  I don't have the wherewithal to verify this experimentally, but I think that the log in windows that are the ones incorporated into the home page that a visitor sees, at the top of the home page and the bottom, do not work, but I got in by instead clicking the "log in" button just below the upper log in window, which took me to my dedicated log in page - the one located on the middle of that page - and clicked, "stay logged in", or however exactly it is written, and now I'm in.

But to reiterate, the two, log-in windows on the visitor accessible home page still do not work,  I have to call up a dedicated log-in page to log in, and I have been erasing the default value of minutes and checking the stay logged in box.

Russell Kanning

this might be a new error this week
I could log in at the top of the forum but now it doesn't work
I have to click the log in link
it pulls up the page with only 1 function and I can log in

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 17, 2018, 08:53 PM NHFT
and I think those guests are bots

Well, can you at least process their registrations so we'll have someone to play with?

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

K neth

Russell Kanning