• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH: Lawmakers to defy House chamber gun ban

Started by Dave Ridley, January 17, 2019, 12:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I think the ringleader of the resistance is a guy who has joined my open carry litter pickups around Manchester  :)

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Group-of-New-Hampshire-lawmakers-vow-to-resist-House-gun-ban-22616660

US out of NH, NH out of US
http://nhexit.com

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Thanks for posting this Dave.

Do these rules apply only to legislators or will regular serfs going to hearings also be forced to abide by them ? 

Can't we click our heels together three times and rub the constitution and make all this stop? 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 17, 2019, 05:11 PM NHFT

Do these rules apply only to legislators or will regular serfs going to hearings also be forced to abide by them ? 

Can't we click our heels together three times and rub the constitution and make all this stop? 

Everyone knows you have to rub the gold fringe first!

Tom Sawyer

I recognize names of some of the folks doing this. Good on them for not going quietly....

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 17, 2019, 05:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on January 17, 2019, 05:11 PM NHFT

Everyone knows you have to rub the gold fringe first!

They're gonna use guns to enforce the no guns ban at the Statehouse where they swear an oath to uphold the constitution that says every person has the right to bear arms in defense of themselves, their families and the state.     Sounds legit.   

Gold fringe?   Doh ! I shoulda known!!

Russell Kanning

it is crazy that they would uphold an unconstitutional law right in their temple to it

Free libertarian

People should show up at the temple with bows and arrows...with rubber tipped suction cup arrows of course.   Don't want to put an eye out.   

Dave Ridley

One of the nh state reps who i think promised to keep carrying ... has reportedly now been banned from exercising his first amendment rights as well.  But of course that is making the authoritarians look more and more like the bad guys.

From state rep John Burt's facebook post 1/17 roughly:

"Attention Pro Second Amendment folks. I need help. I need people with video cameras to help me. Please Share.

Anti Gun bills are coming to the House Criminal Justice committee and the Chair today has BANNED me from taking videos or photos from my seat. See video below.

I told him I will still take them. He went and brought the Speaker in to the committee which the Speaker said, If I keep taking pictures the committee can and will take a vote to remove me by force if needed.

The chair last term sat next to me and took several pictures. Picture 2 - 6 are the pictures I took this week. Many Reps takes pictures. This is to stop the Anti Gun bills from being posted on Youtube for the NH citizens to see. Please help me.

Do not get me wrong, I like the Chair and the Speaker but what they are doing is wrong. This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone being banned from taking a video or pictures at the NH State House.

Here is the video of the vote. Watch what Rep Welch said at minute 4:40. Thank you Michael Yakubovich for the video.
View: https://youtu.be/n8FUxkGGQoU

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 17, 2019, 12:48 PM NHFT
so have they already been doing this?

apparently they kept carrying the last time dems forbade it.  some of them anyway

Russell Kanning

oh yea
I also like the idea of bows and arrows .... maybe old timey gun too .... the only ones some people think the 2Amend refers to

Russell Kanning

he still likes the guys that are threatening force against his most preciously held issues?

Dave Ridley

i guess john burt is a "like your enemies" guy.
Kinda surprised we haven't heard more about this disobedience but i haven't been looking.

btw i have this theory that on web forums where the traffic is now relatively low... it's better to just post most stuff in general discussion.  i've been doing that here; any objections?   

Free libertarian

So I'm a little confused.  Does the legislative committee intend that only legislators won't film peasants while they are genuflecting or that nobody will film peasants while they are giving testimony ?

Russell Kanning

I wonder

yea since we don't have massive traffic anymore .... the categories are not important