• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH: Dem legislator aims to make doctors report deaf people

Started by Dave Ridley, April 06, 2019, 12:22 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

What could possibly go wrong? It's not like the Nazis ever killed disabled folks after registering them... or the U.S. govt ever sent people to concentration camps after registering them... 

New Hampshire House Bill 487
https://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB487/id/1849432

"Physicians and any other licensed or certified health care provider who is qualified by training to make the diagnosis and who then makes the diagnosis that a person is deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf/blind shall report all new cases of this diagnosis to the department"

The bill goes on to demand "the name and address of the person submitting the report and the person's date of birth, gender, and zip code at birth residence, and the specific diagnosis of the person.  The department shall assign a unique identification code to identify the person..."

With that much information, would it even be difficult to figure out the person's name?  Even if everything goes as planned and there's never a breach of the data?

NHLiberty.org has posted this info for contacting the committee which will vote on this, probably around late April:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSCTMAanq3Ny_UzFXgJIrE0i0lWBfx67D1vBA6QBxHqSDLAuwQE21HXlwMLTIRKGrCSBKEaqK3KGDdh/pubhtml?gid=1066404989&single=true&widget=true&headers=false

Free libertarian

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on November 11, 2019, 06:49 AM NHFT
What?

HE SED, "What could possibly go wrong? It's not like the Nazis ever killed disabled folks after registering them... or the U.S. govt ever sent people to concentration camps after registering them...

New Hampshire House Bill 487
https://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB487/id/1849432

"Physicians and any other licensed or certified health care provider who is qualified by training to make the diagnosis and who then makes the diagnosis that a person is deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf/blind shall report all new cases of this diagnosis to the department"

The bill goes on to demand "the name and address of the person submitting the report and the person's date of birth, gender, and zip code at birth residence, and the specific diagnosis of the person.  The department shall assign a unique identification code to identify the person..."

With that much information, would it even be difficult to figure out the person's name?  Even if everything goes as planned and there's never a breach of the data?"!

WithoutAPaddle

I once learned of a guy who was participating in an impromptu speech contest and was told that he had five minutes to prepare a speech on Euthanasia, and gave a moving speech about the challenges that young people faced in the Communist satellite countries.  Does he qualify?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on November 11, 2019, 08:38 AM NHFT
I once learned of a guy who was participating in an impromptu speech contest and was told that he had five minutes to prepare a speech on Euthanasia, and gave a moving speech about the challenges that young people faced in the Communist satellite countries.  Does he qualify?
I don't know... I think that's eastern Europe.

Tom Sawyer

I wonder if it is to get some kind of government monies for disabilities. I know some places really try to get kids classified as disabled for the funds.

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

I was just wondering cuz I got all these newish hairs growing out of my ears I never had before.  It's like ear puberty.

I've tried waxing them, but  wonder if Armor All is right for me?

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 11, 2019, 08:18 PM NHFT
I wonder if it is to get some kind of government monies for disabilities. I know some places really try to get kids classified as disabled for the funds.

Clearly you must hate children!    :icon_sunny:

Free libertarian

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on November 11, 2019, 08:38 AM NHFT

:blueman:

KBCraig