• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maineshark in jail, 4/29/19

Started by KBCraig, April 30, 2019, 07:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Well, that sucks.

""You don't bring a gun to a fistfight and gut-shoot someone," prosecutor Mariana Pastore said."

WTF, if you're already armed, are you supposed to say, "Wait a minute, you've punched me, let me go put my gun in my car so we my continue these fisticuffs."

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 30, 2019, 08:44 PM NHFT
Well, that sucks.

""You don't bring a gun to a fistfight and gut-shoot someone," prosecutor Mariana Pastore said."

WTF, if you're already armed, are you supposed to say, "Wait a minute, you've punched me, let me go put my gun in my car so we my continue these fisticuffs."

Yeah, that stood out to me.

Joe is a non-aggressive person. He's also a small guy. I don't know how big the other driver is (but FB pics show him as pretty chunky). Being punched in the face is deadly force, especially when there's a size disparity.

Tom Sawyer

A better, more balanced article Man charged in Grafton 'road rage' shooting pleads not guilty, is held without bail

This Jason Marandos fellow is a Trump hater and maybe a SJW, Masshole (?)

From his Facebook page

Tom Sawyer

Both the prosecutor and the judge seem to already believe he is guilty, when the only evidence they have is the word of the dudes wife.

Tom Sawyer

I keep thinking about this situation...

The cop decides that it was a minor assault. Or was it the opening salvo?
The cop might have shot the guy under a similar circumstance. "I was concerned he was going to continuing to attack and the fact there were two suspects they might gain control of my weapon, so I fired."

Loud mouth, large guy runs into your car, punches you... I can imagine he might even escalate more when you produce your weapon. "Go ahead and shot me... I'm not afraid of you, I'll kick your ass."

KBCraig

I put a little money on Joe's commissary account last night, and got a phone call from his mom this evening to thank me. It went to voicemail while I was out, but I will give her a call back tomorrow to ask if there's anything more that he needs.

Grafton County jail has very limited visitation. Joe added me, but I'm not going to take up any time that could be spent with his kids instead. I'll send him an old-fashioned snail mail letter instead.

If you want to contribute money:

http://www.graftoncountynhdoc.us/about.html

If you want to write:

QuoteOnly letters with the proper return address will be accepted.  Letters should be addressed as follows:
        (inmate's name)
        Grafton County Dept. of Corrections
        3787 Dartmouth College Highway
        North Haverhill, NH  03774
You MUST include your FULL first and last name along with a full return address in order for the letter to be accepted.  Letters without that will be returned to the sender.  Inmates can receive some pictures (no polaroids) but no other items should be included in the letter.  No packages will be accepted.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Penny Dean is representing him.

I'm waiting to hear back if we should have a fundraiser.

Tom Sawyer

Nice job KB.

Thanks for the update.

KBCraig

KBCraig

Joe's attorney is Penny Dean, who has a well deserved reputation as an excellent defender in self-defense cases.

She called me on Thursday and we spoke for about 30 minutes. She asked that anyone who knows Joe personally and wishes to vouch for his character, send a "to whom it may concern" letter that will be used to vouch for Joe's release on bail.

Being denied bail on the charge of first degree assault is almost unheard of in NH, especially for someone with no criminal record.

You don't need to know any details of the case (I certainly don't); you just need to know Joe.

Penny Dean
59 Warren St.
Concord NH 03301-3951

Hand-written is fine. I forced my slumbering ancient printer to wake up and do right, so that it would look all official since I invoked my "The Honorable" status.

Again, if you can drop a couple bucks to the defense fund:

https://www.gofundme.com/joseph-brown-charged-for-act-of-self-defense

Even if you can't, please drop a couple of bucks to his commissary account so that he can pay for phone calls to his children:

http://www.graftoncountynhdoc.us/about.html

Y'all know I worked the other side of the grey bars. I'm very aware of how the vendors screw over both the taxpayers and the inmates for massive profits. Keefe is the Grafton County vendor, and Keefe is probably the worst of them all.

Free libertarian

"Being denied bail on the charge of first degree assault is almost unheard of in NH, especially for someone with no criminal record."

This makes me wonder if the Judge has motivations other than justice and if the Prosecutor is scheming to come up with a stronger charge.   It's my understanding that the charges can be "upgraded" .

Grafton County Prosecution and Court has a "hair across it's ass" imho against liberty folk from Grafton.  Joe may be the whipping boy for others past interactions.   

KBCraig

Quote from: Free libertarian on May 17, 2019, 05:11 AM NHFT
Grafton County Prosecution and Court has a "hair across it's ass" imho against liberty folk from Grafton.  Joe may be the whipping boy for others past interactions.

There is also the possibility that the other guy is connected.

Free libertarian

Good point, that is among the possibilities.