• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Julia Miranda's passing

Started by Tom Sawyer, July 24, 2019, 07:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Soundwave on this forum...

Dang hard to accept. A particularly good person. Principled, considerate and kind. The kind of person the Free State Project would hope to move to NH.

Obituary from the Funeral Home
From https://www.jellisonfuneralhome.com/notices/Julia-Miranda

Julia Angela Miranda
DECEMBER 21, 1984 ~ JULY 21, 2019 (AGE 34)

QuoteJulia Angela Miranda, 34 of Antrim, New Hampshire passed away suddenly on July 21, 2019 in Afton, NY.  Julia was born in Stony Brook, NY on December 21, 1984 to Anthony and Kathleen Miranda (McWilliams). After living in New York, Idaho, and Florida, Julia called New Hampshire her forever home.

Julia was a talented and creative graphic designer and artist. She loved to sew. She had a passion for her cat Ravage, music, and anybody who needed a helping hand. She took the side of the underdog and showed compassion and empathy to all. Her sense of humor brightened the lives of her countless friends and family.

Julia was a loving daughter to her mother Kathleen of North Charleston, SC, her brother Chris and friend Ali Havens of James Island, SC and was predeceased by her father, Anthony. Julia is also survived by her maternal grandfather, Edward McWilliams of SC and her paternal grandmother Helen Miranda of NY. She was predeceased by her maternal grandmother, Barbara McWilliams of SC and paternal grandfather, Robert Miranda of NY. Julia is also survived by her loving, lifelong partner Marcus Connor of Antrim, New Hampshire who will dearly miss her warmth, charisma, and sense of humor. Julia was blessed with many loving aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Visitation will be held on Friday, July 26 at 5:00 p.m. at Jellison Funeral Home, 25 Concord Street Peterborough NH, 03458. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, July 27 at 11:00 a.m. at Jellison Funeral Home.  Visitors are invited to wear something blue, Julia's favorite color. Julia's memory will live on in the hearts of many.

Tom Sawyer

From her last post on this forum...

Quote from: Soundwave on February 21, 2015, 10:05 AM NHFT
I want to contribute to building a community that is so awesome people are envious and want to be like "that guy over there". And you don't do that by surrounding yourself with liars and nefarious characters. Successful, productive, happy people - these are the ones who get things done.

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Pat K

What can one say, so unexpected and sad.

KBCraig

I don't know that I ever met her, but I know many people who were personally gut-punched by her passing. I only knew her via FTL, back when I had time to listen.

She was obviously loved by many, and my deepest condolences to all.

KBCraig

We have lost too many. I've tried to compile a list, but it got depressing.

I just found out late Saturday night that our oldest friend in Lancaster passed away unexpectedly. He had been here on the forum and we exchanged some messages before we moved. I can't find his old profile, though.

When we did move, he was just two blocks away, and he spent more time in our house than anyone who doesn't actually live here.

Farewell, Gil.

KBCraig

Pat K

Oh holy shit Gil passed, Damn.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on July 29, 2019, 03:28 PM NHFT
Oh holy shit Gil passed, Damn.

That's pretty much what everyone said.