• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Homework

Started by Dreepa, February 03, 2006, 04:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

I think that everyone on this board should read the Declaration of Independence.
I haven't read it in some time.
Something Russell posted prompted me to read it again.  Enlightening!

http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/independ/declar.html

Kat Kanning

People here who are so hot on the constitution should note this part: 

"that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

Our rights don't come from the government or from the constitution.  They are inherent in us as human beings.  A government which gives rights could and would take them away.  The constitution restricts the government, it doesn't give us rights.

lildog

Quote from: katdillon on February 03, 2006, 04:04 PM NHFT
People here who are so hot on the constitution should note this part: 

"that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

Our rights don't come from the government or from the constitution.  They are inherent in us as human beings.  A government which gives rights could and would take them away.  The constitution restricts the government, it doesn't give us rights.

Kat you need to read the line AFTER that one...

"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men"

Dreepa

it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

president

Quote from: Dreepa on February 03, 2006, 04:01 PM NHFT
I think that everyone on this board should read the Declaration of Independence.
I haven't read it in some time.
Something Russell posted prompted me to read it again.  Enlightening!

http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/independ/declar.html
Yea, everyone should know about these bigoted assholes:

HE has excited domestic Insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the Inhabitants of our Frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known Rule of Warfare, is an undistinguished Destruction, of all Ages, Sexes and Conditions.

Dreepa

So Prez the Founding fathers were flawed. 
Do you want to propose a new constitution?

mer?ci?less    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (m?rs-ls)
adj.
Having no mercy; cruel

sav?age    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (svj)
adj.
Not domesticated or cultivated; wild: savage beasts of the jungle.
Not civilized; barbaric: a savage people.
Ferocious; fierce: in a savage temper.
Vicious or merciless; brutal: a savage attack on a political rival. See Synonyms at cruel.
Lacking polish or manners; rude.

So according to the FF the Indians (sic) were merciless savages.