• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gun Ranges?

Started by burnthebeautiful, February 06, 2006, 06:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

intergraph19

Quote from: katdillon on February 14, 2006, 08:38 PM NHFT
I meant 'guys' = 'humans'.

Just wanted to make sure we gun toteing chicks were taken into consideration too.  ^_^ Although I don't HAVE a gun yet...I plan to own one when the money is there!  Several acctually...

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: intergraph19 on February 14, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT

Just wanted to make sure we gun toteing chicks were taken into consideration too.  ^_^ Although I don't HAVE a gun yet...I plan to own one when the money is there!  Several acctually...

I'll let you shoot mine (Glock) at porcfest  ;)

intergraph19

Quote from: TN-FSP on February 15, 2006, 12:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: intergraph19 on February 14, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT

I'll let you shoot mine (Glock) at porcfest  ;)

^_^ 

Gallowglass

hey Defender of liberty, do you have a personal preference company to deal with?  I'd like to make some real quality stuff, thanks.

Recumbent ReCycler

I got about half of my stuff from Rick over at http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/.  He's a great guy who makes some quality stuff.  Tell him that Defender of Liberty sent you.  He knows who I am, and will take good care of you.  One thing that I like about his privacy policy, is that when he ships an order out, he shreds the original purchase order and uses it as packing material.  He doesn't keep a list of customers just in case the feds should decide to make guns illegal in the future and try to find out who he sold the kits to.  One site that I found is a great resource for folks who want to build their own is http://www.homegunsmith.com.  If you are serious about building a firearm, the cost of a full membership is well worth the money.  The higher membership level that you get, the more information is available to you, and there is a wealth of it.  You can find some great deals in the forums.

Heyduke

check them out--firing range is not mentioned, but pretty sure they have one out back...

http://www.rileysguns.com/index.html

Recumbent ReCycler

Rileys doesn't have a regular range, but they do have an indoor simunitions shoot house for LE departments.  Ralph, one of the owners, is a good guy who does more to defend our gun rights than most dealers.

Heyduke

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on February 26, 2006, 10:36 PM NHFT
Rileys doesn't have a regular range, but they do have an indoor simunitions shoot house for LE departments.  Ralph, one of the owners, is a good guy who does more to defend our gun rights than most dealers.

thanks for the clarification...i haven't been there in many years, but drive by occasionally, so i know they're still in business...

dpagan

Quote from: TN-FSP on February 12, 2006, 12:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: Defender of Liberty on February 12, 2006, 12:20 AM NHFT
By the way, if anyone wants to learn how to build AK47s, I have the tools and instructions to build them from kits with homemade recievers.

I don't think I'm ever going to build a gun but I would love to buy one from one once I move to NH.  M16s suck.  I'd love to fire a weapon that works.

M16's do not suck. That statement is completely inaccurate, they are a fantastic weapon. The U.S. military doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I've never had my M16 not "work". AK's have terrible range and accuracy when compared to the M16.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dpagan on February 27, 2006, 10:10 AM NHFT
By the way, if anyone wants to learn how to build AK47s, I have the tools and instructions to build them from kits with homemade recievers.

I don't think I'm ever going to build a gun but I would love to buy one from one once I move to NH.  M16s suck.  I'd love to fire a weapon that works.

M16's do not suck. That statement is completely inaccurate, they are a fantastic weapon. The U.S. military doesn't seem to have a problem with them. I've never had my M16 not "work". AK's have terrible range and accuracy when compared to the M16.

If the military does have a problem with them; then, why are they going to replace them with German guns?  I've seen dozens of problems with M16s.  Besides, AKs only cost a few dollars  ::)

dpagan

The XM8, the german gun you refer to was cancelled and will not be adopted. The M16 will be around for a little longer, even though it's seen combat since 1965 and was a design 1957. The weapon was been improved upon and battle tested with decades of experience on it. Tell me about these issues you have and I'll tell you they are all operator related or magazine related. What experience do you have with an M16?

Quote from: TN-FSP on February 27, 2006, 10:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: dpagan on February 27, 2006, 10:10 AM NHFT

If the military does have a problem with them; then, why are they going to replace them with German guns?  I've seen dozens of problems with M16s.  Besides, AKs only cost a few dollars  ::)

Recumbent ReCycler

When I was in basic training, my m16 jammed a lot at the range, but then I got my magazines replaced and it ran like a champ after that.  Once a magazine has cracked at the top front corners, it won't feed properly anymore.  The old m16a1s had their share of issues, but the newer models are actually quite reliable if you take good care of them and keep them clean and properly lubricated.  I am building a AR15 in .300 Fireball.  The nice thing about AK47s is that they are very inexpensive to build and are reliable and easy to maintain.  The AR15/M16 is definitely a more accurate design though, provided you use decent parts.  When in doubt, get both.  Soon I will have an AR15 and 3 AK47s.  Theoretically you could build an AK for as little as $125, but the ones I am building have some nice aftermarket parts which bring my cost to about $235 each.  My AR15 will cost several times that by the time I am done.

dpagan

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on February 27, 2006, 07:31 PM NHFT
When I was in basic training, my m16 jammed a lot at the range, but then I got my magazines replaced and it ran like a champ after that.  Once a magazine has cracked at the top front corners, it won't feed properly anymore.  The old m16a1s had their share of issues, but the newer models are actually quite reliable if you take good care of them and keep them clean and properly lubricated.  I am building a AR15 in .300 Fireball.  The nice thing about AK47s is that they are very inexpensive to build and are reliable and easy to maintain.  The AR15/M16 is definitely a more accurate design though, provided you use decent parts.  When in doubt, get both.  Soon I will have an AR15 and 3 AK47s.  Theoretically you could build an AK for as little as $125, but the ones I am building have some nice aftermarket parts which bring my cost to about $235 each.  My AR15 will cost several times that by the time I am done.

That's exactly what will happen. It malfunctions from bad magazines not a bad weapon design, the US Army uses the cheapest magazines. Originally those magazines weren't even meant to be reused, that's why they are made from aluminum. I agree, the AK is great if you don't want to clean it and want a less spendy weapon. But if your well trained and know how to clean and operate an M16, it's alot better to have.

Dreepa

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on February 26, 2006, 10:36 PM NHFT
What is the closest range to Concord?

Pat McCotter

Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc

These folks also include archery.

Directions
? Get off of Interstate 89 at Exit 2, Clinton Street/State Highway 13.
? Make a left turn at the end of the exit ramp to proceed west on Clinton Street/State Highway 13.
? Travel west for 3 1/2 miles until you see our large white sign with black lettering on the right.
? Turn right at the sign and you will see our facilities

GPS coordinates of the Pioneer Clubhouse parking area are:
N 43 09'  16.5"
W 071 37'  18.9"