• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cell phone system

Started by sandm000, February 10, 2006, 01:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sandm000

Anyone have any reason why an exclusive tamper-proof p2p cell network wouldn't work?

I'm thinking of a distributed processing package that doesn't put too much demand on any one phone at any time.

Thoughts, Jeers, and Dead Presidents welcome.

KBCraig

Quote from: sandm000 on February 10, 2006, 01:45 PM NHFT
Anyone have any reason why an exclusive tamper-proof p2p cell network wouldn't work?

I'm thinking of a distributed processing package that doesn't put too much demand on any one phone at any time.

Thoughts, Jeers, and Dead Presidents welcome.

Interesting idea. I can't think of a technical reason why it wouldn't work, but there's an obvious problem when it comes to attaining sufficient user density outside metro areas.

Kevin

PowerPenguin

Do you know any electronics engineers? In theory, you could probably design this in hardware/firmware such that it acted like Tor

tracysaboe

Hey Penguin.

Are you the same Penguin I used to see on the FSP boards?

Tracy

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: tracysaboe on February 10, 2006, 09:17 PM NHFT
Hey Penguin.

Are you the same Penguin I used to see on the FSP boards?

Tracy

I don't know but he is the guy that called into the 2nd hour of the Th night FTL, though.

PowerPenguin

TN_FSP is correct. I've only been on the FSP board for less than a week now, so whoever it was, I doubt it was me :) I have been on FTL's for a few months now though. All told, I've only even listened to FTL since maybe October at the earliest, and that's how I found out about everything else.

tracysaboe

There was a guy named Calib that went by some arangement of penguin something or other.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. :)

Tracy

WES

There is a FSP member, "penguinsscareme" who moved about a year ago to NH from Mass.

PowerPenguin

Yeah i've used it for about a year now, and help with writing docs, troubleshooting, etc. I can't code for beans so I don't help with any of the development directly, but I do give them beta-testing help and have donated $ to them.

tracysaboe

Quote from: WES on February 12, 2006, 02:27 AM NHFT
There is a FSP member, "penguinsscareme" who moved about a year ago to NH from Mass.

That's who I'm thinking of. If I remember he was a little too radicle then the FSP leadership liked too. Plus he was trying to set up an actual business plan for recruiting the rest of the 20,000 and he kept butting heads w/ the leadership for that too.

Welcome Power :)

Tracy