• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Questions about NH

Started by Soundwave, February 10, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

I dont think it is a good idea to get alll this mass moving fast down a mountain. The only thing that would stop me is if I hit somthing solid like the Lodge.

Russell Kanning

I know we have better snowboarding than FL.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Soundwave on February 12, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on February 12, 2006, 09:30 AM NHFT

For sure!  :D

I was previously in Idaho, and I know the west is different than New England, so it should be interesting.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!! The west has snow. The east has ice. :'( Oh well, it's still a rush going downhill! :D

intergraph19

Quote from: Soundwave on February 12, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on February 12, 2006, 09:30 AM NHFT

For sure!  :D

I was previously in Idaho, and I know the west is different than New England, so it should be interesting.

My Dad had to learn how to ski in the west.  It's totally different.  West coast is powder and it's a much softer sking experience.  The east is a controlled fall on ice. 

I've never been so this is second hand info.  I had hoped to get a chance to learn this year, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen after all.  Maybe another year, I do want to learn.  I love outdoor sports!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Soundwave on February 12, 2006, 11:30 AM NHFT
LOL. :D

Yes Keith, we can work something out. The great thing about snowboarding is that it's great alone time, but also fun to do with others. I'm always happy to have a snowboarding buddy!

Thanks, I already know what my next call to FTL will be about.

I'll call into FTL and plug NH Underground.  I'll say that I found a new buddy on the NH Underground Forum.  A snowboarding buddy  ;D  Then, I'll recommend that other people go to the NH Underground Forum if they are looking for new buddies  8)

It's all for freedom.

Kat Kanning

Heyduke

Pat McCotter

intergraph19

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: Soundwave on February 10, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT
1. Are there fireflies?

2. How's the snowboarding?

:)

We have TONS of fireflies here in July and snowboarding is GREAT if you have snow. NH is very HILLY even in non-mountain areas, especially in HILLSBOROUGH county.

And yes we have tons of ANTS, especially in the spring when it's wet ? they are huge and black! So, keep your sugar bowls covered tightly! I refuse to use sprays....and yes the tiny brown ants are the ones who love the sugar. The black ones just come with the spring moisture.

No See Ums are blackflies. They are terrible in May - June.

Also I love the JUNE BUGS that whap against the screens in the summer....big whoppers!

I had a BOBCAT here this past summer, (what a sound!) and my friend in Gilford saw a mountain lion in his driveway last week!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: CNHT on February 19, 2006, 06:10 PM NHFT

I had a BOBCAT here this past summer, (what a sound!) and my friend in Gilford saw a mountain lion in his driveway last week!

Please explain the difference.

Heyduke

Bobcat are little guys

Mountain Lion are also known as Catamount, Puma, etc and are still believed extinct from the New England states in deference to continued non-confirmed reports of sightings.  Much larger cat than Bobcat or Lynx. 

As to the ants--if they are large and black--they aren't interested in sugar--those are wood-eating carpenter ants, and a sure sign of a nest.  Very destructive little bastards they are...

aries

We even have them way up here above the notch.

Luckily, not nearly as many as further south. Connecticut had a lot, so this is like nothin'.

Kat Kanning

We had lots of ants in our yard/driveway this spring.  I don't recall them coming into the house.