• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Questions about NH

Started by Soundwave, February 10, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: TN-FSP on February 20, 2006, 01:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on February 19, 2006, 06:10 PM NHFT

I had a BOBCAT here this past summer, (what a sound!) and my friend in Gilford saw a mountain lion in his driveway last week!

Please explain the difference.

About 120 pounds.

Bobcat:

Mountain lion (puma, panther, catamount, etc.):

AlanM

I saw a mountain lion in Northhampton about 15 years ago. Surprised the hell out of me. Most folks think I was dreaming, but I know I saw it.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AlanM on February 20, 2006, 10:57 AM NHFT
I saw a mountain lion in Northhampton about 15 years ago. Surprised the hell out of me. Most folks think I was dreaming, but I know I saw it.

Yeah, and I think I hit one of TN, but everyone tells me it was a deer.  The damn thing hit my truck and then ran off.  It was crazy, it looked like a deer before a hit and a cat afterwords.  I think it may have been a transformer :-\

KBCraig

Yeah, supposedly they don't exist there.  Supposedly, they don't exist here, either; I've never seen one, but I've heard them and seen tracks. Most panther screams that people claim to hear are actually screech owls, and lemme tell you, one of those pint-sized birds can make you levitate right up out of your tent at night!

Kevin

KBCraig

Of course, maybe this was the kind of Bobcat that Jane saw. This one would be welcome in your driveway!  ;D

CNHT

There are more here than imagined. And the Bobcat, well he has a smaller head compared to his body, looks 'tan' at night, and tends to hide in the gopher holes all in my front yard. I heard him scream right under my bedroom window. What an ungodly sound!

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on February 20, 2006, 11:28 AM NHFT
Of course, maybe this was the kind of Bobcat that Jane saw. This one would be welcome in your driveway!  ;D

You know, KB, this brings back fond memories of my dearly departed husband ? he used to LOVE using our tractor, a very similar vehicle, to plow ours and the neighbor's driveways. <sigh>

:heartbeat:

AlanM

Quote from: KBCraig on February 20, 2006, 11:28 AM NHFT

Watch out for these type of Bobcats in mating season. It can get really ugly if you try to stop them from coupling.  ;)

Pat K

You folks have just got to bring Snow into every thing, don't ya.  ;D

mvpel

What?  Don't you like snow?   ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Quote from: mvpel on February 20, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT

Well if I had one of them there Bobcatty things to play with I might be able to tolerate a few Snow storms.  ;D

aries

Quote from: Soundwave on February 10, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT
1. Are there fireflies?

2. How's the snowboarding?

:)
1. Lightning bugs? I think I've seen em, at the fireworks on July 4 at Mt Washington... I don't think they're too rare here.

2. http://www.skinh.com/learn.cfm As you can see there, there are a lot of trails... Bretton Woods is right in town for me and I don't snowboard but I hear the snowboarding's as great as the skiing.
http://www.skinh.com/ has a lot of info.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on February 20, 2006, 03:49 PM NHFT
Well if I had one of them there Bobcatty things to play with I might be able to tolerate a few Snow storms.  ;D

That's the problem right there: PatK's not getting any cat to play with. A nice warm cat does make a snowstorm better.  >:D

CNHT

Quote from: mvpel on February 20, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT

Yeah right about now I need some to go throw myself into face first, but there is none.

:sad1: