• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Secession webpage?

Started by Kat Kanning, February 11, 2006, 06:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dpagan

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 14, 2006, 07:29 PM NHFT
I think we are going to definitely have a link to where people can sign our declaration of independence.  I've even thought of having two links:  one for NH residents and one for "friends of the revolution" in other states.  What do you guys think? 

That sounds like a good idea to me. Can I sign the friends of the revolution now and then sign as a resident when I move?

moosilauke

Here, here. I love the idea. I'd support it.

Gray

Sounds great! 

I saw what you have on the site so far.  The content topics are good.

If you need any extra help let me know!  I have some experience with web design.

Thrive!

Caleb

I'm working on both content and design.  I took Sventola's page and tried to copy the html, but I've had some problems with the images (seal of the state of NH, for instance.)

I also have no clue as to how to make a page the home page.  In other words, if I upload a certain page, how do I make that page the default page that comes up when someone types in www.republicofnh.org  so that someone won't have to know the extension in order to access the page? 

I'm VERY webpage illiterate.

On the content side, I've been VERY busy.  I think this is going to be ok.  I'm trying to get a friend of mine to change the Declaration of Independence, make it a little more eloquent.  I'm working on a platform myself, Tracy is also working on one (which I will no doubt have to spell-check  ;) )  Still working on the faqs, and after that I'm going to do some 9-11 articles, which will be posted here.  I'll probably also post them to the Keene Free Press' website, until Russell removes them for being too controversial.  :P  (There's been a lot of advice for Russell to try to make KFP a little more boring, so if he decides to go that direction ...)

We're going to be up and running very soon.  This is going to be fun.

Caleb

tracysaboe

The page that you save as .index.html is the default page. That's standard. All webbrowsers nowdays automatically redirect a domain name to the .index.html  link.

Tracy

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 22, 2006, 10:59 PM NHFT
I'm working on both content and design.  I took Sventola's page and tried to copy the html, but I've had some problems with the images (seal of the state of NH, for instance.)

I also have no clue as to how to make a page the home page.  In other words, if I upload a certain page, how do I make that page the default page that comes up when someone types in www.republicofnh.org  so that someone won't have to know the extension in order to access the page? 

I'm VERY webpage illiterate.

On the content side, I've been VERY busy.  I think this is going to be ok.  I'm trying to get a friend of mine to change the Declaration of Independence, make it a little more eloquent.  I'm working on a platform myself, Tracy is also working on one (which I will no doubt have to spell-check  ;) )  Still working on the faqs, and after that I'm going to do some 9-11 articles, which will be posted here.  I'll probably also post them to the Keene Free Press' website, until Russell removes them for being too controversial.  :P  (There's been a lot of advice for Russell to try to make KFP a little more boring, so if he decides to go that direction ...)

We're going to be up and running very soon.  This is going to be fun.

Caleb

Russell Kanning

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 22, 2006, 10:59 PM NHFTI'll probably also post them to the Keene Free Press' website, until Russell removes them for being too controversial.  :P  (There's been a lot of advice for Russell to try to make KFP a little more boring, so if he decides to go that direction ...)
Why would I do that? Accept advice? .... from forum pundits? hahahahahaha

Caleb

Any chance of getting someone with many browsers on their system to check out the webpage? www.republicofnh.org

I've checked it with Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.  The seal is coming through with Opera and Firefox, but not Internet Explorer.  Don't have a clue as to why, perhaps its my computer?

I'm still working on the layout.  It's by no means final.  I'm primarily trying to get the seal working right now.

Caleb

Ron Helwig

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 24, 2006, 07:38 PM NHFT
Any chance of getting someone with many browsers on their system to check out the webpage? www.republicofnh.org

I've checked it with Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.  The seal is coming through with Opera and Firefox, but not Internet Explorer.  Don't have a clue as to why, perhaps its my computer?

Put quotes around the src attribute in the image tag, rewrite the page to only have one html tag, etc.

tracysaboe

I can see it fine in Kongueror. (linex)

When I get home I'll check it in Explorer nad Netscape.

Caleb

Thanks Tracy.  You should see 1) a seal 2) a nh flag.  Those are the images I'm having trouble seeing with my IE.  Now, Opera is acting funny (showing it, but VERY VERY large). 

:BangHead:  :BangHead:  :BangHead:

I'm starting to think maybe forming my own website design company is a bad idea.  ;D

Well, I took a little break from designing my website to upload some good Christian music.  For those of you who aren't Christian ... tough.  It's my website.  I paid for it; i'm designing it (albeit poorly) ... and if I want to upload Christian music, I'll do it!  (It won't play unless you specifically tell it to.  the files should be under  www.republicofnh.org/music/

the specific files (so far) are:

www.republicofnh.org/music/held.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/collide.mp3  (not strictly Christian, but I like it anyway and ... well, we're getting back to that whole "its my webpage and I need a distraction right now" thing)
www.republicofnh.org/music/nuisance.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/vision.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/arise.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/you.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/worship.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/beginning.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/voice.mp3

Caleb

So here's what I've decided:

This is too important to leave to an amateur.  I'm going to pay to have it professionally designed.  Anyone know any freedom loving professional web page designers?

For now, we can put the amateur one up, to help us organize the webpage.  We can get the content exactly how we want it, and then let a professional lay it out.

Caleb

Russell Kanning

It is a shame to have you designing web pages since we know about 100 of those guys.
I can set you up with an easier one if you want.
I am sure you can get help, but they might want a say in content.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 24, 2006, 10:17 PM NHFT
Thanks Tracy.  You should see 1) a seal 2) a nh flag.  Those are the images I'm having trouble seeing with my IE.  Now, Opera is acting funny (showing it, but VERY VERY large). 

:BangHead:  :BangHead:  :BangHead:

I'm starting to think maybe forming my own website design company is a bad idea.  ;D

Well, I took a little break from designing my website to upload some good Christian music.  For those of you who aren't Christian ... tough.  It's my website.  I paid for it; i'm designing it (albeit poorly) ... and if I want to upload Christian music, I'll do it!  (It won't play unless you specifically tell it to.  the files should be under  www.republicofnh.org/music/

the specific files (so far) are:

www.republicofnh.org/music/held.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/collide.mp3  (not strictly Christian, but I like it anyway and ... well, we're getting back to that whole "its my webpage and I need a distraction right now" thing)
www.republicofnh.org/music/nuisance.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/vision.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/arise.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/you.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/worship.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/beginning.mp3
www.republicofnh.org/music/voice.mp3

I only turn on my speakers when I think I might want to listen to something on a web page. It is really strange to turn it up to listen to, say a news broadcast, and they are playing this strange background music with no relation to the story - then I find out the music is from another page I have loaded in the background.

Caleb

QuoteI am sure you can get help, but they might want a say in content.

Well, I never said that I wanted a monopoly on content.  ;)  Its just that if I am going to be doing all the work on it, I reserve the right to add Christian music if I want to.  ;D

I think its better if many, many people contribute content.  That way it doesn't look like a one man show.  I know Tracy is working on a platform.  So far, that is the only person who has offered any help, content wise.  Sventola seems to have disappeared ... thus my taking the designing over.  I am working on a fairly large article, and a few faqs ...

but anyone who wants to submit alternate declaration, other content, faqs, etc is certainly welcome.  The only thing I'm really insistent on is that we MUST have 9-11 links, and I don't want links or articles on violence or gun groups (NRA, GONH, etc.)  I believe in the second amendment, but for a secession group ... well, I don't want to risk the feds claiming that we are a "militia" and coming in and wacoing us.  Remember, folks, we are the non-violent revolution.

Caleb

Gray

Is the  "Republic of New Hampshire" website going to come to fruition?  How's it coming along?  As soon as there is more content I'll be glad to post a link on the websites I'm involved with.

:)

Thrive!