• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unread threads

Started by Dreepa, February 12, 2006, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Since the upgrade... when I hit unread threads I usually see none listed.
Yet I know there are new threads....
Anyone else see this? ???

KBCraig

No, but I thought it was funny that your thread had 0 views.  ;D

I enter at http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?action=unread, and it works fine for me.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

What's the exact URL you're using to view the forum index?  Mine is http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php

Dreepa

of course now it has some!!

I usually hit the one that Kevin mentioned.

I will monitor.

Russell Kanning

Yeah .... no change for me .....my problem is there are too many threads listed. :tongue11:

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on February 12, 2006, 05:13 PM NHFT
Yeah .... no change for me .....my problem is there are too many threads listed. :tongue11:

The answer is Firefox, or another tabbed browser. When I enter the forum, I'm in "view unread" mode. I just center-click each thread that I want to read (most of them), and those pages open in a new tab behind the other tabs. Then after I finish with each page, Ctrl-W closes that tab and I see the next one. Fast and easy, and it takes up no more screen real estate than a single browser window.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I have tabs in Netscape and don't have the problem.

intergraph19

Firefox is tha way to go, no problems here.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on February 12, 2006, 05:25 PM NHFT

The answer is Firefox, or another tabbed browser.
I think you just tried to solve my joke.......I don't have a real problem. :)

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on February 13, 2006, 09:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on February 12, 2006, 05:25 PM NHFT

The answer is Firefox, or another tabbed browser.
I think you just tried to solve my joke.......I don't have a real problem. :)

Ah. But lots of folks still carry on with MSIE, and try to read the forum by clicking a thread, then using the "back" button to go back to the index. That would drive anyone crazy!

Kevin