• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kat and Russell in court March 1 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, February 12, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Kat and Rssell are *scheduled* to appear in court the morning of March 1.  This is a result of Manchester P.D. arresting them and charging them with disorderly conduct for refusing to be herded into a "free speech zone."  this date could be changed, as courts often will switch dates.  But we will have some sort of event in Manchester even if the court plays games on us.   Check this thread again later for updates or call me at 603 721 1490 for the latest.

for now:
Manchester District Court
35 Amherst St.
603-624-6510
8:15am 3/1/06

Should we do a protest outside with signs and flags?  Or concentrate on piling a lot of folks into the courtroom?

And...what should we do if and when the court folks reschedule?  what if we were to simply move the "event" to the street right in front of Channel 9 on Commercial street in manchester!   Or the police statio? It's important we not rely on the court decision makers as to whether we have an event that day in Manch.

See http://underground.soulawakenings.com/tiki-index.php?page=Russell+and+Kat+Arrest
for all the background details on Russell and Kat's arrest.

aries

Besides protesting at the court...

I hope that you guys win and that this sets a precedent for NH not having single zones for free speech!

FTL_Ian

I suggest both an outside and inside presence including a Fully Informed Jury Association outreach outside.

And a "not guilty" and demand for a jury trial, of course.

vanguardist

aries

Quote from: vanguardist on February 12, 2006, 06:09 PM NHFT
All hail our new heroes!  8)
*Bows down*

It really is great you guys are here, you two do so much for NH that wouldn't be done without your effort. You really are creating history.

PowerPenguin

How many people can you expect to get on board for support at this thing, first of all. If you have a lot, you could do both. If no, I'd suggest getting warm bodies within the coutroom itself. If the hearsings go favorably, you don't have to do a lot. On the other hand, if some kind of BS sentance is given, having some hidden protest materials vis-a-vis the students at the Alberto Gonzales thing could come in handy.

JonM

Perhaps everyone who goes in could have a t-shirt with article 22 on it, so when all are told to rise the judge sees a whole row of people standing up for Russell and Kat.

Russell Kanning

It would be best to pack the courtroom, but also have some people hang outside. If they reschedule at the last minute, we could be outside and inside and all around at that date and time anyways.

Russell Kanning

Manchester District Court
35 Amherst St.
603-624-6510
8:15am 3/1/06

Dave Ridley

Assuming they reschedule Do you guys think it would be better to have the protest right there outside the courthouse or take it over to Channel 9?   I know that the area in front of 9 offers a lot of car traffic; don't know about the courthouse.

PowerPenguin

Sounds like you just volunteered yourself for another recon mission, Private! :D

Russell Kanning

But who is channel 9? Our beef is with the local government.

PowerPenguin

Read the post on forcing media coverage of the issues :twisted:

Kat Kanning

If they change our court date, we should change the protest to the front of the police station....the people who actually did the deed.

FreeSalem

Just heard about this . . I might be working nights that week and could go to court in support . . feel free to email me and keep me informed :) freesalem@iussa.org