• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kat and Russell in court March 1 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, February 12, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Sent customized versions of this news release to the Union Leader, WKXL Concord and WMUR.

----

Dear folks at WMUR:

As a follow-up to your story on Feb. 8 about the two arrests outside Bush's speech...

The arrestees are slated appear in Manchester District Court, 35 Amherst St.,  Wed. March 1 at 8:15 a.m. 

They will have supporters in the courtroom and demonstrators outside; I'm estimating total combined turnout will be around 15 supporters/demonstrators.    You should know that the demonstration will occur regardless of whether the court tries to change the March 1 date at the last minute.

Russell Kanning and Kat Dillon of Keene were carying signs on a street corner near the Radisson Hotel and chose arrest rather than allow police to herd them into the "free speech zone."

You can reach them at 357-2049 and find the latest details in writing at:

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=2902.0

Mainstream media articles on the arrest:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Two+arrested+as+protesters+gather&articleId=ff16795b-bd46-4bc7-bc0d-619d8f8946fc
http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/6845689/detail.html

Photo of the arrest:
http://keenefreepress.editme.com/files/LuncheonPoliceState/arrest.jpg

ravelkinbow

I will be thinking of you guys !  I wish I could be there for you but I get out of work at 7:30am and will be in no shape after a 12 1/2 hour shift. 

Idea If you got white t shirts you could do iron on transfers, if you want help with that let me know I have a printer and an iron, LOL

Caleb

Yeah, I'm thinking of going the "white t-shirt" route.  Any ideas for good slogans to put on one?

Caleb

ravelkinbow

danhynes

Freedominnh why do you say the judge will make a decision on this court date? I was under the impression it was just an arraignment, where a plea would be entered and that was all. I briefly looked up NH crim procedure to see how it differed than MA where I am used to. I thought it was just a plea date and therefore I wasnt intending on attending, I was just going to draft a motion for discovery. I was going to write a motion to dismiss but I need the police report for that. But if it was an actual trial I would try my best to head up and represent Kat and Russell. Seems to me rather backwards, and most unfair to have a trial without any discovery. I would like to also see the exact complaint that was issued. I am very interested in pursuing a 1983 challenge and it is most beneficial, if not required for the false arrest charge that their be an acquittal. Anyone who can fill me in on this please msg me with any information or answer. Thanks.

Russell Kanning

They will probably just want to know what we plead.

Russell Kanning

When I went to court over the airport deal, they were giving me a wrist slap but expected me to say not guilty. I just said guilty and we were all done that day.
This time if they go through with accusing me of disorderly conduct and want some money or something, I will tell them I am not guilty of that charge.
I agree that they might drop it on Wednesday.

Kat Kanning

I think freedominnh may be right and they'd just decide on Wednesday, no matter what we plead.  I hadn't thought about it, but when I was in court for walking my dog in CA and they were hearing misdemenor cases, they just decided right then.

Kat Kanning

I just got a call from the NHCLU.  They are very interested in our case.  One man has apparently volunteered to work with us on the case.  He's in court all day Wednesday, but is supposed to get back to us on Thursday to talk about what happened at our hearing.

aries

Well, it's just around the corner! I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

AlanM

I won't be at the courthouse demonstration, unfortunately, as I am sick as a dog. Sinus infection.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I can't make it either.  I had to pull the trigger on getting a realtor and now I am on call for them to show the house.
Thanks to Lauren and Jim for the offer of a ride

KBCraig