• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need a good idea for a domain name for the website

Started by Caleb, February 12, 2006, 06:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

I think the subject line says it all.  I need a good idea for the domain name for the secession website.  Anybody have any amazing ideas?

Caleb

FTL_Ian

Secession may be too difficult for some to spell.  Is there a better word?

Ron Helwig

RepublicOfNH.gov

FreeNH

You can always have aliases point to something that people can't spell. You'd probably want to own similar spellings anyway.

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: rhelwig on February 13, 2006, 06:49 AM NHFT
RepublicOfNH.gov

FreeNH

You can always have aliases point to something that people can't spell. You'd probably want to own similar spellings anyway.

WOW! Exactly what I would have suggested. republicofnh.com, net and org (don't let your enemies have any of the suffixes and just redirect to the org)

Russell Kanning

Do they expect you to be a non-profit org if you want .org?

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on February 13, 2006, 09:26 AM NHFT

Nope not really. But if you want a 'free' state/republic, you are not a commercial entity, so I would think you would use that suffix for the main site.

Many taxpayer groups that I have put online (3 in just the past week!) have taken all three suffixes but use the .org

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on February 13, 2006, 09:26 AM NHFT

Naw, they gave up that restriction about 10 years ago. You used to have to prove your non-profit status to get .org, had to be a four-year higher ed school to get .edu, and .com was only for business use. When they let AOL users have .com email addresses instead of .net, it pretty much blew the TLD naming scheme out of the water.

Kevin

FTL_Ian

freenh.com is already taken, besides it would have been confusing to promote than in proximity to nhfree.com.

If you'd like you can have seceed.nhfree.com point to your site.

Lloyd Danforth

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 13, 2006, 01:06 PM NHFT
freenh.com is already taken, besides it would have been confusing to promote than in proximity to nhfree.com.

If you'd like you can have seceed.nhfree.com point to your site.

Don't forget to add secede.nhfree.com, for people who know how to spell it.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Pat McCotter

Lloyd Danforth