• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ruuuuuuuuuussell ....

Started by Caleb, February 14, 2006, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on February 14, 2006, 09:38 PM NHFT
The flag doesn't represent the current administration, nor even the U.S. government at large. It represents the people and the ideals of what America is supposed to be.

Protesting the government by burning the flag is akin to protesting Fred Phelps by burning the Bible.
I gotta agree with Caleb ..... the Federal Government thinks it represents them and all of us. If I burn it .....they will take it as questioning their power.
I don't know who fred is and noone I know pledges to the Bible and says "and to fred for which it stands". :)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 14, 2006, 09:50 PM NHFT
I said that I am a secessionist.  On this website, I'm sure you'll find many who want to work exactly the same way as you.

Caleb

Yes he will  ::)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: calibaba77 on February 14, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT
This is your U.S. Flag ...

This is your U.S. Flag on lighter fluid and matches ...

Any Questions?

;D

I think he should burn photos of Bush.  What would be much better.

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

But George Bush is not the only problem ...... it is bigger than him ..... and will continue after him.

tracysaboe

Quote from: TN-FSP on February 15, 2006, 01:23 AM NHFT

I think he should burn photos of Bush.  What would be much better.

All that will do is turn us into liberals in the eyes of many. We want this secessionist movement to continue when the next Democrat gets ellected president.

Tracy

Pat McCotter

How about a funeral. The US flag as the "body."

And no, I didn't say cremation. ;D

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

.....another is to tear the flag apart or cut out 1/50th of it. We could cut our star out.
We will have to build this up over time, so everyone in town would know what we are meaning by it.

cathleeninnh

You do that by cutting one star out.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

aries

Quote from: dpagan on February 14, 2006, 09:49 PM NHFT
Woah maybe I didn't read enough posts, you guys are secessionists? I thought you were just libertarians who wanted to make a free state by electing libertarians. If that's true I'll have to say good bye.
You're posting in a forum called "Secession"

I'm all for it. I just think that not enough people have come to this conclusion yet. More evangelizing!

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on February 15, 2006, 01:21 AM NHFT
I gotta agree with Caleb ..... the Federal Government thinks it represents them and all of us. If I burn it .....they will take it as questioning their power.

The "Federal Government" doesn't get pissed off when you burn a flag. Millions of Americans do. The only ones likely to cheer are no friends of freedom, leaning instead toward hard-left politics.

As a statement, it fails. At least if your message intends to attract more liberty lovers.

QuoteI don't know who fred is and noone I know pledges to the Bible and says "and to fred for which it stands". :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rev._Fred_Phelps

Russell Kanning

Your seriously telling me that nobody working for the Feds will be mad if we burn a flag?

sandm000

Quote from: russellkanning on February 15, 2006, 03:21 PM NHFT
Your seriously telling me that nobody working for the Feds will be mad if we burn a flag?

?176. Respect for the Flag (k)
states clearly:(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

So there you have it, the preferred means of destroying the flag in a dignified way is by burning it. So you would be doing an honor to the flag by cremating it.
(however you may have to base your argument on the pretext that it is no longer a fitting emblem for displaying, as those blackguards in DC rob us and squander our money on ill-advised schemes.)

That being said, if you really want to kick 'em in the crotch, I like Tracy's idea of a NH flag above a (smaller) US flag