• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord School Teachers

Started by ravelkinbow, February 16, 2006, 06:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ravelkinbow

Well now the teachers are using the students for propaganda!

Yesturday the teachers removed all items they called personal effects from the school, which included taking books the students where reading away from them.

They told the students that the school board considers them part time employees and that they may strike causing the students to go to school in the summer.

Clearly this is their way of getting the students behind them and get them talking to their parents who in most cases will just say give them what they want to keep the kids in school.

Channel 9 showed a rep. for the teachers stating they don't want inflation to effect them, well it effects us all doesn't it are they special?

They want the taxpayers to give up even more money so they don't have to pay more for healthcare, aren't we all paying more why should we have to pay more for them!  They want large raises on top of that.

It is rediculous and getting out of control.  Today the teachers are wearing black to school to "show" their solidarity.

If the teachers win all the taxpayers will loose plan and simple.  To top it off there is a hearing next week to deside what to do with surplus from the school budgets across the state...hey here is a novel idea, how about giving it back to the taxpayers!

That's my rant for today....thanks for listening.

Kat Kanning

cathleeninnh

I get excited by this stuff. Call me wicked. When this happens, we get more and more people saying it's gone too far. Our chances of separating school and state increase. Still admittedly small chance but its a step. People have to get mad. Let the system implode!

Cathleen

ravelkinbow

we need a counter protest telling the teachers to get their hands out of our pockets!

AlanM

Hopefully, with each new outrage, more students are freed from public schools and are homeschooled or sent to private schools. Save the children from the evil public schools!!!!!!!!!!!

ravelkinbow

If they would give me back the damd tax money I could afford private school...

Kat Kanning

Do you think you could encourage other parents to keep their kids out as a protest?

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on February 16, 2006, 09:21 AM NHFT
Do you think you could encourage other parents to keep their kids out as a protest?

More parents will take their children out of public schools as they begin to see how horrible they are, not just as a protest. With each new outrage, a few more will be pulled from public schools. Eventually, it will reach a critical mass and we can get serious about eliminating public schools all together.

Dreepa

Also the picture in the CM was pretty funny.

All the kids lined up in front of the teacher's stuff in the middle of the room.

'It's for the children'.

Edit for the picture: http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

Quote from: katdillon on February 16, 2006, 09:59 AM NHFT
Teacher's Unions suck big time.
I would say that it is probably the group that I can't stand the most.

Pat K

They do this kind of crap all the time here on the Island, and then whine to the kids year round about their pay. It is sick.

dawn

I think they should keep their personal politics and contract negotiations out of the classroom. How utterly unprofessional!

Russell Kanning

They have always done this and will always do it. That is how the cost is at $10,000/student.

I would recommend not paying these thieves. It is very freeing.