• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord School Teachers

Started by ravelkinbow, February 16, 2006, 06:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

More proof of why unions suck.

'The union made me do it'.

Have fun at the meeting!

ravelkinbow

I seem to remember my Grandma asking me if everyone jumped off a bridge would I follow....

Dreepa

Remember that are all 'caring professionals' who do it for love of teaching NOT for the money.  That is not why they are complaining or is it?

Glad to see the that CM editorial actually sided with the school board today.
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060223/REPOSITORY/602230372/1027/OPINION01

ravelkinbow

The editorial was great!  We are still working on them to get them to cover the webpage story and hopfully better than wmur did.

KBCraig

Quote from: ravelkinbow on February 23, 2006, 03:31 PM NHFT

Dear Mrs. Coffey,

( . . . )

"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember, it was amateurs that
built the Ark, professionals that built the Titanic."  Unknown

Tamy Anderson
Cluster 6-4
Math and Social Studies

I can't believe that this professional teacher included this quote, one often favored by home-schoolers!

Don't they teach irony these days?

Kevin

Tunga

KB where'd you eat lunch in High School?

At Concord High the Cafe was open all day long. If you had a free period you could hang there. Or the smoking area. Or the Auditorium if you were really studious. Got kicked out of there more than once by real teachers who rightfully felt that my energies would be better served in the Cafe where the radio station played "Got a whole lotta love" more times than I care to recall.

Two words: "Peer pressure". Suppose your in a union because you have no choice. Suppose everyone is doomed to the cafe. No more smoking area. No more audi. Just homogenized lowest common denominator. Now suppose your not going to go along with the Union demands that you degrade yourself in the sight of your students progenitors. Who is going to eat lunch with you then?

How effective will you be with a handfull of trouble makers as your backers?

What kind of "social progress" will you make then?

We're all bozo's on this short bus.

I don't agree with what the Union is demanding.

Please understand that all of the teachers involved are not nesessarally fully engaged  as far as idealogy is concerned.

More big words that my public edjumacation will not allow me to spell properly to follow.  ;D

Pat McCotter

This is the e-mail I recieved from the teacher after two days of waiting for a response to my e-mail when my letter went unanswered.  We are going to have an interesting meeting tomorrow I am sure, with the 15min she has agreed too.

Dear Mrs. Coffey,

Be removing items from my own classroom, I was
acting on actions voted on unanimously by our members, and it was not a
decision I made on my own.

If you would still like to meet regarding this issue, we would be happy to
meet with you during the school day between 12:15-1:00.  Please let me
know if you'd like to schedule a time.

Tamy Anderson
Cluster 6-4
Math and Social Studies

First - Jenn, she is giving you 45 minutes.

Next, yes it was a decision she made on her own - it was a unanimous vote. Everybody made the decision on their own - unless of course someone held a gun to their heads.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tunga on February 23, 2006, 06:21 PM NHFT
KB where'd you eat lunch in High School?

At home.

QuoteTwo words: "Peer pressure". Suppose your in a union because you have no choice. Suppose everyone is doomed to the cafe. No more smoking area. No more audi. Just homogenized lowest common denominator. Now suppose your not going to go along with the Union demands that you degrade yourself in the sight of your students progenitors. Who is going to eat lunch with you then?

How effective will you be with a handfull of trouble makers as your backers?

What kind of "social progress" will you make then?

We're all bozo's on this short bus.

I don't agree with what the Union is demanding.

Please understand that all of the teachers involved are not nesessarally fully engaged  as far as idealogy is concerned.

More big words that my public edjumacation will not allow me to spell properly to follow.  ;D

We're talking about teachers, not students. Without correlating social development and "Education" as a choice of majors, let me say that in general, union members don't succumb to peer pressure to any greater degree than other workers. We discussed this very thing at my union e-board meeting today.

Kevin

Tunga

"Without correlating social development and "Education" as a choice of majors, let me say that in general, union members don't succumb to peer pressure to any greater degree than other workers" - KB

So they are human just like the rest of us.

Did you want to join the union or were you forced to? Meaning: did peer pressure cause you to join or was it your idealistic beliefs? Where would you be, employment wise if you hadn't joined?

:)

KBCraig

Tunga, please come back when you've mastered sixth grade English. Rhetoric is beyond you at your current skill level.

I don't ordinarily comment on grammar or spelling (other than Lloyd's comma addiction). I don't mind debating someone whose views differ from mine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to spend more time trying to figure out what the hell you're saying, than you spent typing it.

Kevin

ravelkinbow

Quote from: patmccotter on February 23, 2006, 06:43 PM NHFT
This is the e-mail I recieved from the teacher after two days of waiting for a response to my e-mail when my letter went unanswered.  We are going to have an interesting meeting tomorrow I am sure, with the 15min she has agreed too.

Dear Mrs. Coffey,

Be removing items from my own classroom, I was
acting on actions voted on unanimously by our members, and it was not a
decision I made on my own.

If you would still like to meet regarding this issue, we would be happy to
meet with you during the school day between 12:15-1:00.  Please let me
know if you'd like to schedule a time.

Tamy Anderson
Cluster 6-4
Math and Social Studies

First - Jenn, she is giving you 45 minutes.

Next, yes it was a decision she made on her own - it was a unanimous vote. Everybody made the decision on their own - unless of course someone held a gun to their heads.

Actually she is meeting me from 12-12:15 after which she said she has something else to do.

As to the latter, yes they each made the decision however to what exsteme they cleared the classrooms and whether or not they allowed parents to replace items was each individual teacher and this one made the room bare and refuses to allow replacement items.

cliftonyte

Unions suck........thats an intelligent comment. you like weekends??? thank unions for them. I'm not going to rant to much, If it wasn't for  a union  I wouldn't have medical coverage for my wife and kids, lets face it unions help the middle/lower class from the suffrage we face every day, don't bash the unions for fighting for what people deserve: fair wages, good benefits, good retirement, safety guidelines. My union has helped me attain these goals which better my standard of living for me and my family. I can't believe Libertarian minded people would bash an organization that helps the little guy. Lets not solve the real problem but take a hatchet to labor movement....great idea.....everyone shop at wal-mart  and try to buy things made in China and maybe we should hire Mexican immigrants to work at our schools as teachers, we'd save alot of money(harmless sarcasm).  What we should be talking about is how to END the statewide property tax.    "Live Free or Die" >:D

tracysaboe

Quote from: cliftonyte on February 23, 2006, 11:53 PM NHFT
Unions suck........thats an intelligent comment. you like weekends??? thank unions for them. I'm not going to rant to much, If it wasn't for  a union  I wouldn't have medical coverage for my wife and kids, lets face it unions help the middle/lower class from the suffrage we face every day, don't bash the unions for fighting for what people deserve: fair wages, good benefits, good retirement, safety guidelines. My union has helped me attain these goals which better my standard of living for me and my family. I can't believe Libertarian minded people would bash an organization that helps the little guy. Lets not solve the real problem but take a hatchet to labor movement....great idea.....everyone shop at wal-mart  and try to buy things made in China and maybe we should hire Mexican immigrants to work at our schools as teachers, we'd save alot of money(harmless sarcasm).  What we should be talking about is how to END the statewide property tax.    "Live Free or Die" >:D

You're extreamly deluded if you honestly believe that Unions are responsible for bringing us weekends. And many companies have very competitive wages and benifites and safty guidelines w/o the need for unions to force them. The competition for labor is more then enough.

All unions do is suck wealth out of companies trying to make life better for the rest of us, and attack guys even littler then themselves by not allowing them to work for less if they so choose.

Tracy

ravelkinbow

# 1  This isn't about union bashing it is about the psycological abuse being perpatrated against the youth of concord.

#2 On a personal note and my own exsperience with working in a union environment, they are really good at taking your money and sucking the owners dry and that is about it.

They come out in support of political canidates without asking the general membership.
Try getting help when there is a problem...real joke
Try to advance your skill set, which benefits you and your employer and have the union stand in your way as it is not in your job description.

I could go on but that is not was this is about, bottom line it is about children being used as pawns and harmed.  I don't think you can go much lower than taking blankets and pillows away from 6 yr. old children to so called prove your point.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: cliftonyte on February 23, 2006, 11:53 PM NHFT
Unions suck........thats an intelligent comment. you like weekends??? thank unions for them. I'm not going to rant to much, If it wasn't for  a union  I wouldn't have medical coverage for my wife and kids, lets face it unions help the middle/lower class from the suffrage we face every day, don't bash the unions for fighting for what people deserve: fair wages, good benefits, good retirement, safety guidelines. My union has helped me attain these goals which better my standard of living for me and my family. I can't believe Libertarian minded people would bash an organization that helps the little guy.

I'd love a union that did not try to use government force.  I like the idea of a union very much, I just don't want another group of weak minded folks demanding that the government control my life.