• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dada's Palladium all sold out...

Started by Dave Ridley, February 19, 2006, 06:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I have ordered a small number of Palladium rounds, half ounce:

http://www.nwtmintbullion.com/palladium_round_half.php

I thought the spot price looked pretty good at $274 an ounce last week and lo  and behold it's already up to 290!    but that is still way down from its peaks. 

Here are the upsides and downsides of Palladium.   It is a platinum-type metal which sometimes replaces platinum as the metal of choice in auto construction and many other industries.   When industries make the switch to palladium, it goes up and platinum goes down.  Currently platinum is up, at over 1000 an ounce. 

So the upside is that Palladium is down relative to Platinum, and it has not been shooting up in price to the same extent as other precious metals.  Another upside is that NWT mint will apparently buy them from you at spot price anytime.  At least they are doing so currently.  So it's not like you'd have a liquidity problem.   It's also a bit of diversity in your metal portfolio.

On the downside, not everyone knows what Palladium is.   Also it has a higher premium over spot price than gold does...similar to silver's premium.  In the case of NWT mint they mark it up about 10%.  Another downside is that Stillwater rounds are WAY back-ordered...so it will be months before my order arrives.  You would not have to pay me, nor would you receive anything, until around June.

In any case what I have for sale is a few half-ounce Stillwater palladium rounds ordred from Northwest Territorial Mint.  They are in preservation packages of two each but I am happy to sell them individually.

I am currently asking $320 per ounce (meaning you get two half ounce rounds in their original packaging).  That's just 3 bucks more than what NWT mint is charging for them today and unlike me you won't have order anything or go to the post office box or what not! 

Alternately if you want to just get a single half-ounce that's OK too; I would charge $170 per round, and you would not necessarily get the packaging.   I will honor these prices if you speak for one or more rounds before noon on March 1. 

Dave Ridley

Well I have already sold all my palladium!  10 ounces at a profit of 15 bucks an ounce thanks to the rise in prices since I bought it during the dip.

What I am learning is that it is really easy to move metals around here.   One can afford to be fairly aggressive about making purchases knowing that it won't take long to turn the metal back into FRN's at a comfortable profit.  Of course sooner or later metal will go down and keep going down for a few years but it's worth the risk.

I'll buy more palladium during the next dip and make it available again for those of you who missed out this time.

Caleb

I don't think "metal" will go down and keep going down, relative to the dollar.  We've got a lot of dollars coming home.  The dollar is going to inflate itself quite a bit, and the metals will seem to go up.  That may eventually level off for awhile, but I wouldn't expect metals to crash.