• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stateless in Somalia, and Loving It

Started by tracysaboe, February 21, 2006, 10:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Not here. But some counritres have very draconian Emmigration policies, that make it illegal to leave the country.

Even America has this. If you get caught leaving the country w/ more then $10,000 they can confiscate the rest. And really any amount they can confiscate if that accuse it of being drug money.

Most people, instead of paying a huge tax to move (Which is what this ammounts to) will just stay.

Tracy

Phuket

QuoteEven America has this. If you get caught leaving the country w/ more then $10,000 they can confiscate the rest. And really any amount they can confiscate if that accuse it of being drug money.

Electronic currencies like e-gold make it possible to circumvent such laws.

tracysaboe

Yup. If you've got the savy to know how to do it. The Fed's FROZE all of e-golds accounts about 10 years back for quite awhile and it hurt everybody that was using it.

It certainly doesn't stop the Fed's from trying.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

You also could load a boat up and sail away with a pile of money.

Phuket

QuoteThe Fed's FROZE all of e-golds accounts about 10 years back for quite awhile and it hurt everybody that was using it.

They also temporarily shut down the Internet in Somalia.

There are certain things they can do once and temporarily to scare people or piss them off that they wouldn't get away with long term.

JonM

If you were leaving the country, why would you want greenbacks?  Convert it into something precious and wearable, they may stop you with $20,000 in cash, but are they going to question your jewelry?  The fungibility of jewelry being another matter entirely though . . .

Russell Kanning

I could go for a little Somalia style government here in america.
What was the name of their tuath equivalent?

tracysaboe

Russell Kanning

yea .... we will later find out all the warlords are backed by some bigger gang (government).

"See you can't have a place with no government. Look at the warlords."

Russell Kanning

"Somalia plunged into anarchy in 1991 after the fall of the Mohamed Siad Barre regime."

oh .... for the same fate. They are killing each other there .... much like in Iraq .... soon Iran.

BillyC

Quote from: russellkanning on February 23, 2006, 12:19 PM NHFT
The good thing about anarchy .... you can flee the country. You can't do that very well under tyrants. :)

When a one world government comes to be " and it will"  then where do we run.
With globalization being embraced by so many it wont be much longer that no matter where you go the laws will be the same. Personal sovereignty as well as national sovereignty will be a thing of the past.

Russell Kanning

I oppose our current government because it is evil. It is part of the 1 world government. It is not trying to protect us from it. US national sovereignty has not stopped evil.
If another group takes over this area, I will be opposing them also.

BillyC

Quote from: russellkanning on May 20, 2006, 07:51 AM NHFT
I oppose our current government because it is evil. It is part of the 1 world government. It is not trying to protect us from it. US national sovereignty has not stopped evil.
If another group takes over this area, I will be opposing them also.
I agree that " some " of the people in power are trying to usher in a one world government, and yes they are evil.
I believe US national sovereignty has stopped "as well as created" evil.
It all so has given people a place of refuge that have escaped evil.

But that is now being compromised by those want a one world government and no middle class society.
The middle class have the resources to question and resist tyranny the poor do not.

I do not want the world to go back to being only the rich and the poor.

If the globalist have their way the whole world would be like Mexico or worse.
Where would the poor go then for opportunity, if the whole world was reduced to that kind of economy?

No we do not have the freedom we want or know we should have, that is why I moved to NH.
Most of us that have moved here are trying to make it a better place, starting at the local level.
We are making a difference, a small difference yes but its more than others through out the country can claim.

The changes we want are not going to happen overnight "unless we have an armed revolt" even then I am not sure that we would end up with something better.

Oppressive Government that is somewhat bound by laws that we can use to reign them back or Oppressive warlords with no regard for law.
If our Government or country falls as some in this group want, I am very concerned with what will ultimately move in to fill that void!

As far as I am concerned this country  is still more desirable than anything else being offered through out the world.
I love our culture and the opportunities that we have here.

Half of my family has been here since before America was even a country.

The other half  came before the war of Northern aggression against the South.
They were prosperous at first " with out the use of slavery"  but they were driven off their land by the occupying  government, for being Irish and Cherokee mixed. 

Regardless
I still love this Country over all others and would pick it over all others every time.

Russell Kanning

I think our country is better than other places despite the government. We would have been better off without it and we will be better off in the future.