• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by Dreepa, March 01, 2006, 04:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Nah, he didn't have a moving party.  Lex + Mrs. Lex + Baby Lex came to visit, along with NH Rebel.   Was great meeting them!  I even got to hold Baby Lex :)

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 08, 2006, 03:30 PM NHFT
Did I miss a moving party? WTF?
Don't worry LLoyd there will be a big one for you.
And we can do both ends for your move! ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I  already moved into and then out of NH.  All on my own excepting for damn near killing Michell Dumas with my kitchen table moving in.  I got the damn table out myself.
When I move back, I will do it stealthily again.

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 08, 2006, 08:16 PM NHFT
I will do it stealthily again.
You can be like me and load and unload the trailer all by yourself. :)

But I volunteer to help you Lloyd. (as long as you have beer)

tracysaboe

Quote from: Thespis on March 08, 2006, 12:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on March 06, 2006, 12:52 AM NHFT5) sadly, I had to quit my job at Esurance.

Since this thread is named "Random Thoughts," I don't mind interrupting with an off-topic question.

How is Esurance as an insurance company. I'm planning to buy a car in the next six months, and I've looked at Esurance before, and they were pretty cheap. But, will I actually get good service from them should I need to file a claim?

I worked in Customer service, so I really don't know how the claims process works. I can tell you that I tooko calls from customers who had had past claims experience w/ us who loved us, and I took calls from customers who cancled w/ us because they had a bad claims experience.

I can tell you that from my experience when I would try to transfer somebody to the claims office, many times I couldn't get through. I never had any problems getting through to the NY or NJ claims offices. But Florida and Texas were very swamped. They're very short staffed, and many times I think essurence is growing to fast for their own good. 

On the customer service side of things, we never have less then 20 people in cue. That was the part that really got to me. on the other hand, that's better then some places.  I mean, sometimes I had to cal other insurence companiees to verify prior insurence and I was on hold for 10 minutes before I got through, so compaired to that a 3 min hold time w/ esurence is good.

We have programing gliches once in a while (OK all the time.) on the other hand, they're only effect people here and there. It's very small odds that it'll cause you a problem -- it's just that, the only people I spoke to were people w/ problems so my view of things is a bit skewed. People that loved us wouldn't need need anything, and therefore wouldn't call, so I never spoke w/ the satisfied customers.

It's really cheep if you're a very safe driver And have good stats and good credit and good prior insurence (they're all rating factors. Our underwriters believe that people who have high coverages as opposed to just state minimums w/ the insurence company they had prior to coming to us makes a person less of a risk in general.) but it's very expensive if you're not. Esurence tries to target groups very specifically.  So unlike other insurence companies that lump 24 year olds w/ 20 years olds we rate them individually for example.

They don't sell insurence in NH though.

Tracy

Thespis

My biggest problem getting auto insurance will be the fact I haven't had any in almost four years. I haven't owned a car in that long. I'll shop around, but I might do something like esurance to start, and then switch somewhere else after I've established a history. Thanks all.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

tracysaboe

At essurence we have 3 rating levels in terms of auto insurence.

Lapse of more then 30 days (Which is what you'd fall into.)

Lapse of less then 30 days

And no lapse.

depending on the state and the local zip code and the other rating factors these can make big differences or little differences

If you have no lapse then there's 3 levels there too

less then 1 year
less then 2 years
less then 6 years
more then 6 years 

Some of those depend on what state you're in and how we're regulated.

Tracy

Pat McCotter

Quote from: tracysaboe on March 10, 2006, 01:57 PM NHFT
If you have no lapse then there's 3 levels there too

less then 1 year
less then 2 years
less then 6 years
more then 6 years 

There are 3 kinds of people in the world...
Those who can count...
and those who cannot. >:D

Ron Helwig

Quote from: patmccotter on March 11, 2006, 05:40 AM NHFT
Those who can count...

There are 10 kinds of people...
those who know binary and those who don't  :P

Kat Kanning

Quote from: rhelwig on March 11, 2006, 06:43 AM NHFT

Kira was giggling over this...

Ron Helwig

Quote from: katdillon on March 11, 2006, 08:35 AM NHFT

So, how high can you count on one hand? (hint: I can count higher than 30 using just one hand's fingers)

KBCraig

Quote from: rhelwig on March 11, 2006, 08:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on March 11, 2006, 08:35 AM NHFT

So, how high can you count on one hand? (hint: I can count higher than 30 using just one hand's fingers)

Here's a 4, just for you....  ;D

tracysaboe

Quote from: patmccotter on March 11, 2006, 05:40 AM NHFT
Those who can count...

You Stole my QUOTE!

(If you'll look it's around page 2 of "dayly quotes.")

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, as I don't believe in intellectrual property.

Tracy

president

Quote from: katdillon on March 08, 2006, 03:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on March 01, 2006, 04:33 PM NHFT
1.  Is Lex in NH yet?

Yes!  Woohoo!   ;D  Wife: lovely.  Baby:  adorable.
Guess who I saw voting yesterday.......

Also, the AG siezed all the ballots in Gafton. This should be good.

AlanM

Any information on why the AG did it?