• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Seeking a HVAC job

Started by MaineShark, October 18, 2006, 08:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Okay, so I moved, and took a break to get the house in order.  Now it's time to get back to work.

Looking for a job, near Northwood, as a HVAC technician.  Or manager, for that matter, as I've had experience estimating and managing jobs before, and have been responsible for training apprentices in the field for service.

I'm working on a formal resume (I've never actually done that before, oddly enough), but for the time being, I did a simple "job responsibilities" list for an application I filled out, so here that is:

Install, troubleshoot and service residential and light commercial hot water and steam boilers.
Install, troubleshoot and service residential and light commercial forced hot air furnaces.
Install, troubleshoot and service hot water and hot air distribution and zone controls, and related piping/ductwork.
Install, troubleshoot and service electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical controls including thermostats, zone controls, reset controls, safety controls, etc. (Honeywell, Taco, Tekmar, etc.)
Install, troubleshoot and service radiant heating systems.
Install air conditioning equipment.
Utilize computerized data-logging equipment to troubleshoot intermittent failures.
Perform cleanings and tune-ups to maximize efficiency and reliability.
Install, troubleshoot and service heating system monitoring/alert equipment (ie, OnWatch ?SecureHeat?).
Interpret and respond to emergency pages from OnWatch SecureHeat monitoring system when on-call.
Maintain current knowledge of existing and new products.
Estimate installation, replacement, and service of HVAC systems.
Interact with homeowners, tenants, and contractors in a professional manner.
Train apprentices in all aspects of above.
Manage heating system installation jobs with multiple apprentices, and coordinate with electrical, plumbing, framing, and other subcontractors.

So, if anyone knows of a good opening, let me know.  Looking for health benefits and a good vacation package, at least, or pay that is good enough to let me buy health insurance on my own.

Joe

Quantrill

I too am in the HVAC field.  I'm currently working on the commercial side - rooftop units.  I'd assume there aren't many commercial companies in NH so that may be a problem.  I could go to residential if necessary, I'd need to get some more tools. 

MS, I'm nowhere near as qualified as you, but I'll check back here in case anything comes up.

And
QuoteI'm working on a formal resume (I've never actually done that before, oddly enough),
If you need help with your resume, I could help you with that.  I graduated school fairly recently and could give you some examples to go off of.  Send me a message if you feel like it...

Quantrill

QuoteHVAC Installation/Repair Bus.  Lakes Region          Real Estate avail. seperately.

Financing sources available depending on cashdown and credit  worthiness.

I saw that.  Sounds nice but does anyone have money for FINANCING???    ;)    If MS gets in on this I'd love to be his first employee...

MaineShark

Well, it looks like I'm gainfully employed, again.

I may have to add something to the "reasons to move to NH" once I do some more research.  These folks have better benefits and better pay than was available in Maine (and no income tax, on top of the already-better pay).  The one company may be an anomaly, but I'm going to check around and see.

Joe

Pat K