• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

the Constitution is dead... Funeral to be held on April 29th in Keene.

Started by NH_Geek, March 03, 2006, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

president

Quote from: patmccotter on March 03, 2006, 04:11 PM NHFT
"We have alleged in the complaint that it is a series of letters taken together which constitute a threat," said Assistant Attorney General Elizabeth Dunn.
WTF?  "a serries of letters taken together constitute a threat"
Did they have to bust out a decoder ring?

Kat Kanning

Brainstorming going on here about this idea.  We're talking about affixing a coffin to the top of our van and having a funeral procession with car lights on, flyers in the window with tombstone + constitution.  People who agreed would be encouraged to turn their lights on for the day. 

We could even advertise it ahead of time in our newspaper if it was being done in this area.

Russell suggested doing it as a Sons of Liberty thing.

Russell Kanning

Yes .... we will do this in Keene. We can have cars with their lights on, driving up and down main, for the hour preceeding the service. We could be carrying the coffin to the central square.
We can put a page in our paper that people can tape to their car window to show their participation. Anyone can join us for the service or just turning on their lights for the day.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

People are scared to do things at porcfest.

Also ..... our one in Keene could be just one of many. We need to choose a date and lock it in.

Bald Eagle

The Constitution, as Michael Badnarik pointed out, is REALLY only a piece of paper.

The Rights and concepts described therein will live only as long as we keep them alive inside ourselves and FIGHT those who would do it harm. 

Some folks act and think as though they are already living in a Libertarian paradise, even though we are far from it.  Ayn Rand pointed out that in a fair fight between good and evil, evil will always win. 

Y'all have to stop being pie-in-the sky academic Libertarians and start thinking like practical, ass-kicking Revolutionaries.  Libertarian solutions don't work - and can't even be implemented in an authoritarian state.  Even a small amount of statist poison completely ruins a wholesome Libertarian meal.  If even a few cancer cells are allowed to have their way, the entire organism dies.  The cancer of big government, and the enforcement of their arbitrary edicts has to be eradicated.  Politicians are powerless without their mindless, obedient, unquestioning robots to keep them protected, unaccountable, and in power.  All the while robbing you - to keep you weak and them strong.

Why wait until 1 murderer kills 1,000 people when it it far more sensible just to eradicate the murderer?  Why wait until hundreds of murderers in DC kill all of 250 million Americans' Liberty and Freedom and dignity, when we could just eradicate their power - as is our Right - it's right there in the Declaration of Independence!

Now, again, are the times that try men's souls.   They're trying mine.
In the mean time, there are 1001 things to do.
Is it time yet?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I have already said a 1000 times that it is time for a revolution. I just don't plan on shooting anyone.
Are you calling me a liberty talker (Libertarian)?

Are you still paying taxes to the beast? That is #1 thing you can do. :)

Pat McCotter

I will try to contact this guy in Concord.

His vanity is DEATH

Dennis Sicard says his license plate makes a political statement
By:   LAUREN R. DORGAN
Monitor staff

No, Gomez Addams hasn't relocated to Concord's South Main Street.

The hearse with DEATH license plates is supposed to make a political statement, according to its owner, Dennis Sicard. It's a spin on "Live Free or Die," he said.

"I don't think we're living free, so I thought I'd put that on there," said Sicard, 30.

His beef? Taxes.

"They say 'Live free or die.' We have people who buy houses, pay an outrageous amount of money for houses, and then have to pay an outrageous amount of money in taxes every year," he said.

(Protest is a family thing: When Sicard was a kid, he said, his father scraped the "Free" off his license plates to make a point. This is not to be confused with the 1977 case that went to the U.S. Supreme Court, in which Jehovah's Witnesses won the right to cover up the "Or die" on their license plates.)

Owning a hearse has been a longtime goal of Sicard's. He got the plates first, in anticipation of getting his dream ride. For about four years, the DEATH plates hung from other cars: First a tan Chevy Malibu, then a black Ford Mustang.

And then last year, his father found the 1983 hearse in Seabrook. For just $3,200, Sicard's bought the car he calls his baby: Huge, black and with green flames painted on the sides for flair.

"It's something I've always wanted,"he said. "You can do a lot with a hearse. it's just got so much potential."

For example, the guy who sold Sicard the hearse offered to build him a casket cooler, for beverages in the back. Instead, Sicard thinks he's going to go with a friend's plan to make a casket-encased speaker system.

A hearse does have its downsides. There's no back seat - just a front and then room for a casket.

But Sicard doesn't really need the extra space, he said. And his car still has the rollers in the back for caskets, which can be handy for moving things.

"I moved my brother's Christmas tree with it," he said.

Sicard, who works in maintenance at a dirt plant in Loudon, has a talent for understatement. He says his wife doesn't have a problem with his choice of license plates, and then he casually adds that her license plate is "+DEATH".

He gets a lot of questions and comments about the car, but he doesn't always explain himself, Sicard said.

"Depends on who it is," he said. "Some people, I just don't care what they think."

Dreepa

I saw that article and was thinking the same thing. (That he should be contacted)

Dave Ridley

This is a great idea NH Geek; keep the ideas flowing!   The neat thing around here is people will sometimes take your ideas and run with them , and that's exactly what is going to happen with this one I suspect.

Recumbent ReCycler

I suppose that is one way to look at it, but I think that it may not be dead yet, but is being held hostage by statists who have taken over most of the government who will only release a portion of it once a huge ransom has been paid, but they use part of the ransom money to kidnap it again and ask for an even larger ransom each year to release that small portion of the Constitution.  It would take either a large number of people infiltrating their strongholds and subverting their plans, or a large number of people kicking in the doors and terminating the hostage takers to liberate the Constitution.  May the infiltration and subversion commence.  I fear that they have us outnumbered and outgunned, which would make their termination virtually impossible.

NH_Geek

:) 

I'm glad there's some interest in this idea, and that others are helping refine the concept.  To be honest, I was hoping that (as DadaOrwell pointed out) someone would run with this idea.  As I said earlier I have zero experience organizing something like this, and while I'm psyched about participating I know I wouldn't be very effective as a first-time organizer.  Of course, I'm not saying I just wanted to dump this on someone else's lap, it's just that as my first protest-type event I don't think I'm the right guy to be in charge...  I'm psyched that you guys are thinking this is a good idea for a protest! 

Anyway, I've got another idea related to this that I wanna throw out there...  Black Armbands!  Not just the day of the funeral, but now!  This could even be a way to "advertize" the funeral, 'cause you know people (in the office, on the street, at the coffeeshop...) will be curious... 

Person on the Street:  Say, I just noticed you're wearing a black armband.  Who died?
Me:  the constitution, and it's brother Bill.
PotS:  Bill?
Me:  Yeah, the Bill of Rights.
PotS:  What do you mean, they're not dead.  This is America, the Land of the Free...
Me:  yeah, the Pres is "free" to spy on ordinary citizens who have broken no laws, the IRS is "free" to steal our money and use it to fund an illegal war, your township is "free" to steal your house if it feels the land it's on would be the perfect spot for a walmart, etc., etc., etc...  so yes, it's dead.  and by the way, we're holding a funeral service on (insert date here)...
PotS:  cool, I never thought of it that way...

At the very least the armbands would serve as a catalyst to get a discussion rolling and share some libery ideals and opinions.

Another idea:  an obituary...  because what's a funeral without an obituary?  This could be a mini-protest on its own, and advertize the funeral.

Yet another idea:  a wake!  not necessarily symbolic or anything, just an excuse to get together afterwards and commiserate.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

NH_Geek, do you think you could come to Keene to do this?  Is there a date that works best for you?