• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

the Constitution is dead... Funeral to be held on April 29th in Keene.

Started by NH_Geek, March 03, 2006, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

Wouldn't it be cool to have FTL broadcasting live from these things?  :)

NH_Geek

hell yeah!  The more publicity the better, especially FTL!

btw, I'm working on a rough draft for an obit...  hope to have something by the end of the week...

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: katdillon on March 07, 2006, 05:00 AM NHFT
Wouldn't it be cool to have FTL broadcasting live from these things?  :)

That would depend on if we were live at the time, as well as other connectivity issues.

Kat Kanning

I was just talking in general...not necessarily this particular event.

NH_Geek

I was going to posit the question "what day do we figure is a good day to delcare as the day the constitution died?" but I'm thinking today is perfect, considering the latest patriot act news...  unless someone else can think of a better death day.

Kat Kanning

Today sounds good.  Didn't they write a song about that?  The Day the Constitution Died...bye bye American Pie.

I'm getting this to display inside the coffin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:11&Item=7396412523

Russell Kanning

We are not sure of the actual date of death ...... we will have to call up those csi guys to figure it out.

Pat McCotter

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I am thinking that the funeral procession can start at noon. We can drive up and down main street with our lights on and flags or posters in our windows. This could continue until 12:30 when we start the service in the central square park.

Where do the Sons of Liberty want to hold the wake? There might be quite a few people there.

Russell Kanning

Justice Hugo L. Black, Constitution quotes: 
It is my belief that there are ?absolutes? in our Bill of Rights, and that they were put there on purpose by men who knew what the words meant and meant their prohibitions to be "absolutes."

Caleb

Maybe the UU Church will let us hold the wake there.  Jeff (from the protest, you know Russell, the guy from "Burlington, VT") says that the UU doesn't charge anything for use of their facilities