• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

the Constitution is dead... Funeral to be held on April 29th in Keene.

Started by NH_Geek, March 03, 2006, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Caleb

What about a scrapbook, filled with news articles that demonstrate the Constitution's demise?

I saw a news article today.  A guy at work showed it to me, but I'm having trouble finding it on the keene sentinel website.  Every time I try to do a search, it says that I need to be a subscriber.  But anyway, the article was fairly recently (like since Friday, I think).  It says that there is a bill waltzing its way through Congress that would make it a crime for a reporter to say that the President has broken a law.  ??? 

Caleb

OK, I found the article.  Its from Saturday, March 11, 2006.  In an article entitled "Controversial Eavesdropping Bill Proposed".  But when you try to pull up the article in the Sentinel, it tries to tell you that you have to be a subscriber. 

I have a hard copy of the article in my hand.  The dumbass senators and congressmen are saying, "No, that's not what we're trying to do ..." but then they describe what they are trying to do, and it sounds like censorship to me.

Caleb

One more update:

The article was really just an AP article, so I was able to find the text of the article on another website:

www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=78&sid=339879

Caleb

Russell Kanning

you will have to stop doing your searches on the keene sentinel website.

Kat Kanning

I'm putting together the paper now, so if you have the obituary ready, I can get it in this issue.  If not, I'll just put in the details of the event and put in the obit next time.

Russell Kanning

I talked with the city clerk today and there is nothing big planned for that day ..... except for us.

If we were closing off any roads (which we are not) they want us to get permission (which we will not).
If we want to use the park in the middle of central square (we are) we are supposed to ask our friend Brian Mattson at the parks and rec (which we will not be doing).

They thought it was amusing that we will be holding a funeral for the constitution and bill of rights.

Parking may be available at the grange ...... we will have to check. ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Oh, I got the poor dead constitution in the mail yesterday.  It looks real nice.  Parchment.  It's poster sized.  It'll be nice for the viewing of the body.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 16, 2006, 06:21 PM NHFT
Perhaps happy Dude can check on this for us ;)

If the Grange lot is posted, I suggest that everyone park in Happy Dude's yard and driveway.

He shouldn't mind, right?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I guess I can tell the parks guy we are going to use the central square park ..... no burning this time.

Dreepa

By the way this idea is brilliant.
Is the geek gone already?

Russell Kanning

He might not check in very often .... or is on spring break. :)