• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KFP - major draw to Keene

Started by FTL_Ian, March 10, 2006, 01:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Beyond the fact that Keene has already attracted some of the best activists, I must say that the existence of the KFP is another major reason to move to Keene.  It really feels like it's becoming the hub for Liberty activism!

Thanks again guys, and keep up the good work.

president

I didn't even make it thru one article. I felt like it was stuff I have read before. I should probably try to read it before the KFP burn  ;)

But I did look at the picture/advertisments. It looks like the graphics were made to be to be displayed on a monitor. You should up the resolution of graphics for printing. It looked like they had a bunch of jpeg distortion. The fire graphic on the front page was ok, but almost every other graphic could use work.

There was also a mistake on the LSF stuff on the back. It said something about filing applications for 2005, and gave dates in 2006.

I also think the ad rates are too expensive. Over $300 for a full page ad seems like to much.

FTL_Ian

Since I have obviously not seen the print version, I can't comment.  Your tips are good ones though, generally 200 dpi - 300 dpi is acceptable for print, and jpgs should be set to the bare minimum of compression.

If an advertiser sends a pic that is questionable, they should be alerted.  I suggest couching it in terms of "we want your ad to look as good as possible, so I'd like to make a suggestion..."

In regards to the rate, it's always good to go a little high so you can negotiate down.  That said, I wonder how their rate/circulation compares to the Sentinel's.

Caleb

Senor Muerto Presidente:

It sounds like a lot of stuff you have read before because you are very active on this forum. 

For many people, this will be the first they've heard of Kat and Russell's arrest, for instance.

Caleb

FTL_Ian

Yes, I don't think the KFP's intention is to preach to the choir!

Kat Kanning

I've upped the resolution for all the graphics.

president

Quote from: katdillon on March 10, 2006, 02:57 PM NHFT
I've upped the resolution for all the graphics.
I'm going to applaud you for that.

Dreepa

People give the prez shit... but he does have good suggestions.

JonM

Well, some of fisher's personalities are helpful . . .

Russell Kanning

We have a new member to this forum because of the Keene Free Press ....... HappyDude.

We are trying to turn Keene into the prime activist landing point.
You FTLive guys would like it here in Keene. It is not as expensive as some places, but has it's own personality and charm.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 10, 2006, 01:39 PM NHFT
Beyond the fact that Keene has already attracted some of the best activists, I must say that the existence of the KFP is another major reason to move to Keene.  It really feels like it's becoming the hub for Liberty activism!

Thanks again guys, and keep up the good work.

I thought there was a different freedom paper in Southeast NH.

Russell Kanning

I don't know ... maybe there is.

Kat Kanning

The Wire is interesting a lot of times.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: russellkanning on March 10, 2006, 04:14 PM NHFT
You FTLive guys would like it here in Keene. It is not as expensive as some places, but has it's own personality and charm.

I'm looking at several properties.  I must say KFP + the "star" activists in the area are a big attraction.

The flooding is a bit concerning though... will have to be careful about checking on properties' propensity for that.

Kat Kanning

That's fairly easy to check.  We can tell you which areas flooded, also.