• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KFP - major draw to Keene

Started by FTL_Ian, March 10, 2006, 01:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

While it is always good to think ahead, that flooding in SW NH was a 25 year event.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 10, 2006, 10:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on March 10, 2006, 04:14 PM NHFT
You FTLive guys would like it here in Keene. It is not as expensive as some places, but has it's own personality and charm.

I'm looking at several properties.  I must say KFP + the "star" activists in the area are a big attraction.

The flooding is a bit concerning though... will have to be careful about checking on properties' propensity for that.
Next time it will flood in a different area of NH.
I would worry less about Keene than a hurricane in Tampa.

Atlas

Yeah, Keene is definitely the place to move to because of all the freestate allstars.  The KFP is a great  startup paper that I think will change the flavor of the city of Keene from the college town mindset to that of a rebellious area hell-bent on demanding its birth right of liberty. Well done Kat, Russell and all the contributors.

Russell Kanning

What we need is someone on the inside of police headquarters.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: russellkanning on March 11, 2006, 04:56 PM NHFT

What makes you think we don't already?

Lloyd Danforth

Atlas

I'm thinking less and less about joining the police force, maybe a jail. The Keene city police captain tells me there is an extensive background check and polygraph examination which would definitely out me as a anarcho-capitalist plus much more.

free55

Keene is a unique NH place.  Known for its very wide main street and pumpkin shows is nice, but not the real reason it's found to be attractive.  It's somewhat isolated in a part of the state that has no major arteries.  You can't get there from here (or anywhere).  Because of that, it has very little population change.  Residents are almost 100% white Euro decendents; almost a Galapagos for humans.  Free to evolve unencumbered by transient influences.

This perhaps why this place is becoming a magnet for a new way of thinking.  It is a petrie dish left off by itself undisturbed.  What will emerge in 20 years?

It may be up to many on this forum.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 11, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT

I have never heard from this mystery person.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: free55 on March 11, 2006, 09:40 PM NHFT
Residents are almost 100% white Euro decendents; almost a Galapagos for humans.  Free to evolve unencumbered by transient influences.

So inbreeding is what makes Keene special?  ;D

Caleb

And Kentucky!  Let's not forget about the Inbreeding in Kentucky.  Or West Virginia.  Hey, does Max know about this, he might want to start another FSP in one of these two states.  ;)

Pat McCotter

If a couple in Arkansas gets divorced, are they still considered brother and sister?

d_goddard

president

Quote from: d_goddard on March 12, 2006, 04:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 11, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT

Strike that.... Reverse it.

How many undergrounders do you think are on the KPD?

Fluff and Stuff

Ian, now you have even more reason to move to Keene, the head of the FSP lives there  :icon_pirat:  :sherlock: