• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KFP initial distribution results?

Started by FTL_Ian, March 11, 2006, 12:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Did you guys get any idea of how many of your papers were picked up out of how many you placed at locations?

Kat Kanning

We distributed 8 boxes and have picked up about 1 box from the first issue.  We're going to redistribute most of those from that one box house-to-house, though.  Russell's says he wants to go to neighborhoods where we haven't been door to door yet and give them the first two issues.

Lloyd Danforth

You should stick em to mailboxes with a 'Porcupine Partner's' magnet.

Russell Kanning

It would have to be a powerful magnet for the wind. :)

FTL_Ian

If you stick them IN the mailboxes, you're violating federal law!   >:D

Russell Kanning

I put some inside mailboxes when there is already mail there and there is no other good place.

dawn

I've always wondered why it's against the law to put something in a mail box. Who owns that mailbox and who owns the property on which the mail box is found? Certainly not the USPS!

Would it make sense to give them out in a plastic bag that can be hung on a door handle?

Just thinking ahead to times when you could give out tons of papers - Cheshire County Fair and the Pumpkin Festival come to mind. How about the farmer's markets in the right season? Libraries and/or post office counters?

I counted 56 locations where papers are being distributed - wow! We'll work on a few other places to try.

Russell Kanning

I am not listing any of the waiting rooms and such ..... mostly just the retail type locations.

Dreepa

Quote from: dawn on March 13, 2006, 12:10 PM NHFT
I've always wondered why it's against the law to put something in a mail box. Who owns that mailbox and who owns the property on which the mail box is found? Certainly not the USPS!
Yeah I have thought about that too.
I wonder what the actual law is.. probably to thwart competition.

Thespis

Quote from: dawn on March 13, 2006, 12:10 PM NHFTWho owns that mailbox and who owns the property on which the mail box is found? Certainly not the USPS!

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/tipvandl.htm
QuoteMailboxes are considered federal property . . . (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705)

Dreepa

Quote from: Thespis on March 13, 2006, 12:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: dawn on March 13, 2006, 12:10 PM NHFTWho owns that mailbox and who owns the property on which the mail box is found? Certainly not the USPS!

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/tipvandl.htm
QuoteMailboxes are considered federal property . . . (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705)
I wonder if that includes the slots in people's doors?

I have a box on the street.  Maybe I will have to put a sign on it that says that this is NOT federal property.

Thespis

I don't know about door slots. The only mention I found was that linked page, which is about mailbox vandalism. I'm sure there's a breakdown buried somewhere, but I don't have time to look for it.

I think the sign idea is a good. I wonder if the postal carrier would say something, or even care.

Dreepa

Quote from: Thespis on March 13, 2006, 01:05 PM NHFT
I think the sign idea is a good. I wonder if the postal carrier would say something, or even care.
We will find out soon. (unless my wife makes me take it down ;)  )

Russell Kanning

That is a good idea.
I did put papers in some slots ...... where people had a little sign or such.
I also ran into people that had a wicker basket for the mail and newspaper ..... so I just used them.

Kat Kanning

I looked at the front of our mailbox. It's embossed with something like Approved by the Postmaster General.