• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

KFP initial distribution results?

Started by FTL_Ian, March 11, 2006, 12:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Isn't that interesting?  Even though I went down to home depot and bought a mailbox with MY own money, as soon as I stick it in the ground, it becomes "federal property"?

Or was it federal property before I bought it?

Do they become federal property as they roll off the assembly line?

Thespis

Dammit Ian, you're going to make me wade through a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense looking for the answer, you realize that, right?

*sigh*

I guess I know what I'll be doing after work today.  ;D

president

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 13, 2006, 02:28 PM NHFT
Isn't that interesting?  Even though I went down to home depot and bought a mailbox with MY own money, as soon as I stick it in the ground, it becomes "federal property"?
It doesn't become "federal property" untill you start getting USPS mail in it.
You can have five mailboxes infront of your house, but only the one that is used for USPS is "federal property". Many people have a second one for a news paper, as the paperboy can't use the "federal property"

Dreepa

Nice on the Clayton Bigsby quote..

I have tube for my newspaper.
I am going to the post office tomorrow I will ask about the federal property thing. I am sure that they won't know and Thespis will have the answer.

What if I say that my personal mailbox is not subject to their Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705 but my title 3 subsection 2 paragraph 1?

Thespis

Russell Kanning

I never meant to make people look up government rules. :( You guys are gluttons for punishment. :)

Try leaving the uspservice like Kramer in Seinfeld. :)

Thespis

Quote from: russellkanning on March 13, 2006, 03:59 PM NHFT
I never meant to make people look up government rules. :(

I blame you!!!

Just kidding.

I did it of my own volition, and I stopped when my brain started to hurt.  ;D

FTL_Ian

Okay, so what happens if you remove your mailbox?

tracysaboe

Dude. They bring down the Hammer on you.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

It would be fun to not accept their junkmail.

Dreepa

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 14, 2006, 12:11 AM NHFT
Okay, so what happens if you remove your mailbox?

Hmm esp if you have a PO box...

FTL_Ian

I would never get a PO Box.  Private mail boxes (Pakmail, PostNet, Mailboxes Etc) are the way to go.

What if you posted notice on your mailbox that all mail should be forwarded to your PMB, then removed the box?  Hmm...

JonM

If you construct a mailbox using a substance banned by the feds, do they own it, and are thus in trouble with themselves?  Just musing . . .

Lloyd Danforth

I don't remember the fed gov buying the mailbox for me.

When we flyered in Hampton, I just shoved them in mailboxes as there was no contact info on them.
When I flyered for Mincin I slid them behind the mailboxes, in the little spring clip on the suburban type boxes and dropped them in slots and in baskets.

This could be a possible CD thing.

JonM

As that link explained, they're considered federal property so they are within federal jurisdiction for the purpose of prosecuting mail related crimes.  Essentially you cede ownership to the feds in return for the service of them delivering you mail.