• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sign the first 1000 Pledge

Started by citizen_142002, March 05, 2006, 10:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on March 07, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFT
Tracy,

We know you will get here... at least you have  plan. Did you wife sign up for the FSP?

Amy didn't sign up for the FSP. Partly at my behest. Reason being I wanted to make sure that the 20,000 number was a strong 20,000.  I didn't feel it would do any favors for anybody to pad the numbers. Plus, she wouldn't be an activist. About all she'd do is vote for libertarian candidates and voting against TAX increases if she even felt like voting at all.  Who knows though, perhaps she'd get inspired after she meets some of the liberty ladies.

She'll move with me anywhere as long as we're financially stable and have employment where we're going. After we get all the debt paid-off (and thereby have equity to build/buy a place in NH outright), and get everything set up in NH (Solar electric and building it properly to take advantage of passive solar gain for heating.) we'll be able to live quite comfortably in NH for under $1000/month. Way below needing to pay income taxes. We would also be moving to a smaller town away from the fascist regulations of Sioux Falls.  (which is why we'll probably end up in Grafton, or some other small town w/o zoning and lower property taxes.)

Tracy

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: tracysaboe on March 07, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on March 07, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFT
Tracy,

We know you will get here... at least you have  plan. Did you wife sign up for the FSP?

Amy didn't sign up for the FSP. Partly at my behest. Reason being I wanted to make sure that the 20,000 number was a strong 20,000. 

I think Amy would be great.  I know that you she already helps AMP FTL (since you are married the money you give to FTL is part hers).  She is also a libertarian and I am sure she talks to people are politics every know and then.  I also think that she would she put at a protest every know and then.

You know, there is a country song about a man that keeps a good woman down.  In the end, well, let's just hope this ends differently :)

tracysaboe

It's not that I'm keeping her down. She really just doesn't care about getting involved. And frankly I don't blame her. We just want to be left alone.  We need more people like Amy who don't care about politics. She's supportive of moving to NH if that's the best chance to be "left alone" from government thugs, but other then that she thinks of this as "my thing." She's not opposed to us using our funds to help out FTL, LSF, and NHLA but as far as the "activism" part of the mission statement, it's really not something she's interested in.

I kind-of felt like the 20,000 should be 20,000 family's. That way if the FSP met the goal we'd know it was a firm 20,000. That if halk of them didn't move, their's still be 20,000 individuals.

If the FSP get's close to it's 20,000 goal and they just need a few to reach it to get over the hump, then she might decide to add herself, but untill then, I'd prefer that we believe we still need 13,000 more people and actively working to get them.

I don't know, that's just me though.

Tracy

PowerPenguin

OK I've decided that I will now sign the F1K Pledge. Motivation is 100%, and if i work my ass off from now until then and can find somewhere to work before I get there, I'm in. That's about as good as anyone can say right?

KBCraig

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 07, 2006, 09:24 PM NHFT
You know, there is a country song about a man that keeps a good woman down.

A good woman goes there all on her own.  >:D

KBCraig

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Jesus Kevin!  First you post the Nipple Ring image and now this!

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 08, 2006, 08:11 PM NHFT
Jesus Kevin!  First you post the Nipple Ring image and now this!

Yeah, you wouldn't believe how hard I had to search for that image.

maxxoccupancy

I have talked to Alec Muller, who owns the house I am living in.  We have two roommates moving out, and Alec has expressed a willingness to let volunteers take a room (free of rent and utilities) for perhaps a month or two in exchange for volunteering a few hours a week.  It's actually a pretty sweet deal.  Early movers are constantly looking for new ways to attract movers.

If there is anyone out there who waiting until they find a job, we even have a jobs coordinator you can reach, and even an NH Jobs section on the FSP forum.  It is by far easiest to find work here in Manchester.  There are help wanted signs up, and I know enough people around Manchester to help find work.

We'd like to get as many liberty lovers here as possible.

BTW, I mentioned something at the 2004 PorcFest that we would need to recruit most of our activists from within the state.  Others are now coming around to that viewpoint (altough there was some resistance initially).  I have found it fairly easy to recruit volunteers here, and I could probably add new freestaters at about the same rate as people are moving in.

The amazing thing is that the folks moving here are also contacting their friends in their home states, encouraging more people to move in.  There is a double incentive to moving in early.  It helps you a lot in getting more proliberty people to make the move.

I tried talking to family members and I've gotten a very strong argument against doing so.  NH is extremely cold six months out of the year, and both my grandmother and mother are too old to come this far up.  It's tragic in a way, because they were both considering New Mexico, Nevade, or even Idaho to move to, and they are both active in politics.

--Max