• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Re-enacting Gandhi's march to the sea?

Started by Dave Ridley, March 13, 2006, 06:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Here is an idea to vette and bounce around.   How about a re-enactment of Gandhi's March to the Sea? 

We could call it the Portsmouth Salt March, maybe walk from Nashua to Portsmouth or something, and at the end of it make some salt as he did. Then sell it to someone and openly refuse to report the income to the Internal Robbery Squadron. One or more of us could dress as Gandhi.  pretintious maybe, but it would visually link us to his methods and raise awareness about him in a way we could not if we wore jeans!

Also you secession gurus will like the fact that gandhi's salt march was I believe tied in with a declaration of independence.

upsides/downsides of this idea?   ways to make it better?     I am not looking to do this anytime soon but it is an idea I want to have ready to grab off the shelf at some point and do if I feel like it.    And it won't be ready until you guys have improved it!

details on the Dadni Salt March:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Satyagraha

Kat Kanning

aries

The IRS can't be bothered with half the people that don't pay their property tax, why would they care about not reporting some income?

They'd probably just say "Ha, you wanted us to care, but we don't, now don't you feel silly"

Now if you set up a small stand and marked it "Makeshift salt store" and got a few porcs to show up and buy some, you might elicit more attention from authorities.

Kat Kanning

Does the IRS investigate property tax violations at all?