• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FSP Litter Pick-Up 4/23

Started by Kat Kanning, March 13, 2006, 08:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

It's spring!!  How about a nice walk along the highway to pick up some trash?  :)  I'm going to try for April 23, 9 am in Peterborough.

The section of highway we do is in Peterborough, 101, starting at ~junction of 202 going 2 miles to the east.   Meet at the parking lot of the small strip mall (by Ocean State Job Lot)  between Bridge Street and 202 (on the south side of 101).  You might want to bring some kind of work gloves.  I saw at Walmart a litter grabber for something around $10, if you want to save your back a little.

Brunch at the Peterborough Diner afterwards :)

aries

Not to sound as if I don't care about picking up trash here, but you'll want to make sure you get the maximum amount of publicity for this.

People love feel-good headlines in the news "Free-staters help clean up NH... literally" sounds nice :)

Kat Kanning

Sure, you want to send out the press releases?

Atlas

Yeah, definitely try to get credit for the cleanup.  I saw a bunch of adopt-a-highway signs when i was in NH last week. Are yall sponsoring one?

Russell Kanning

Yes

This time we will go from 9 until 11 at the latest. If we are not done, we will finish later. Last spring we did it for 4 hours. Most other times it has taken 1-1:30 hours.

Dreepa

Quote from: russellkanning on March 13, 2006, 12:32 PM NHFT
Yes

This time we will go from 9 until 11 at the latest. If we are not done, we will finish later. Last spring we did it for 4 hours. Most other times it has taken 1-1:30 hours.
My mother says 'Many hands make light work'.
The more people the faster it will get done.

Dreepa

Quote from: FSP-Rebel on March 13, 2006, 12:26 PM NHFT
Yeah, definitely try to get credit for the cleanup.  I saw a bunch of adopt-a-highway signs when i was in NH last week. Are yall sponsoring one?

Yah there is a sign that says Free State Project and Kat got shit for doing that.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on March 13, 2006, 12:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on March 13, 2006, 12:32 PM NHFT
Yes

My mother says 'Many hands make light work'.
The more people the faster it will get done.

So Cris, does that mean you're going to be there?

Pat K

If I can be there I will.

Back on the chain gang ooh ooh back on the chain gang.......

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Oh baby you know I love it when you go all domanatrix on us.

Kat Kanning

I'd kinda like to go to the Real ID rally which they scheduled for the same day as this litter clean up.  Think we can finish this and make to to Concord by noon?

Lloyd Danforth

Maybe do half and do the other half another time, or, all of it if we have enough people.

1984IsNow

Isn't that the same day as the anti-REAL ID demonstration in concord?

Russell Kanning

no ... the real id demo was put on our day