• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Co?s County taxes increasing 22%

Started by KBCraig, March 13, 2006, 11:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 14, 2006, 12:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on March 14, 2006, 07:52 AM NHFT
Well sure, if you want to stop paying and chance losing your home, but if you don't want to rent from someone else all your life, this could be a constant merry-go-round.

Since Kat currently rents, I don't think that arguement will work against her.

Hmm I'm not trying to 'work against her'. As far as I know Kat did not pay her school portion of the taxes, so I assume she owns property otherwise, what tax bill is she getting?

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on March 14, 2006, 12:06 PM NHFT
I do?

First I'm not saying anything to work 'against' you, as you know, (but the poster doesn't) and second, if you did not pay your school portion of the taxes, that must mean you own your house right? Or you would not be getting a property tax bill at all!

This guy must not live in NH....<sigh>

Kat Kanning

I own my house in theory.  The city may view it otherwise.

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on March 14, 2006, 12:18 PM NHFT
I own my house in theory.  The city may view it otherwise.

Yep LOL, exactly. You don't rent from a landlord who owns in theory either...LOL

Fluff and Stuff

I do?

Several times you have refered to your landlord and that you live in a trailer park.  I just guessed that meant that you rented a space for your mobile home in your landlords trailer park.  Is that wrong?

CNHT

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 14, 2006, 12:33 PM NHFT
I do?

Several times you have refered to your landlord and that you live in a trailer park.  I just guessed that meant that you rented a space for your mobile home in your landlords trailer park.  Is that wrong?

She may pay what is similar to a condo fee to rent the space but she owns the home.

Kat Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: CNHT on March 14, 2006, 12:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: TN-FSP on March 14, 2006, 12:33 PM NHFT
I do?

She may pay what is similar to a condo fee to rent the space but she owns the home.

But I don't think it is like a Condo fee.  Don't you own a part of the land if you have a condo?  If so, than you pay a keep fee and not rent.  However, with a trailer park, the land is usually rented from the landlord.  So, Kat rents her land and owns her house and as long as she lives there, she will pay monthly rent.

Kat Kanning

But we were talking about losing my house for not paying taxes, which is true, since I own it, not rent.