• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

logic

Started by pascal.belanger, February 04, 2005, 08:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

pascal.belanger

god is mirage >:D

jcpliberty

I believe in the Creation story found in Genesis. Literally. Not that I deny evolution -- not at all -- it is VERY apparent that we humans evolve to adapt to changing climates as do animals. But I do hold the belief that the creation story in Genesis is literal and true.

:)

JP

AlanM

Just curious as to whether anyone has read the three books by Col. James Churhward about the lost continent of MU, in the Pacific. It details a whole different creationism and expansion of civilization.

candyvynwak

Pascal... est-ce c'est ton nom vraiment?   Si vous parlez Francais, je voudrais le practique, s'il vous plait...

Ton cas: vous croyez en Dieu, ou ne pas? 

"if the univrse started with the big bang  where did matter come from"
   Je crois Dieu.

"Okay the then  say that that the universe is expanding,okay but into what "
   Vous demandez qu'est-ce que se contient l'univers?  Qu'est-ce ce sont les frontieres?  Pourquoi?  Est-ce que c'est necessaire avoir les frontieres pour augmenter?  Je ne comprends pas...

"Do we live into a giant cosality loop"
   Vous prevoyez une "grande boucle de causalitee"??  Il n'est pas une boucle, mais une ligne de causalitee.  Avec Dieu devant et derriere, je crois.  Comme temps.

"how manny time the universe expand then
inplod on itself to restart with the big bang, i want to know "
   Seulement une fois... nous sommes tout ca.

Est-ce que mon Francais est bien?  Je ne sais pas les accents sur l'ordinateur Americain...

pascal.belanger

I have great respect for christian fundamentalist it take stamina to block logic and
reason eternaly ;) this one will stay >:D

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

I just feel sorry for people that don't acknowledge that God created them.

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on February 09, 2005, 08:25 AM NHFT
I just feel sorry for people that don't acknowledge that God created them.

Hear hear!

JP

Kat Kanning

I don't need your pity.

AlanM

pascal.belanger,
A question for you. Do you use "logic" when deciding what to eat, or what to wear, or how you style your hair? While logic is important, it is not the end all of human existence. Sometimes we do things for reasons other than logic.

Russell Kanning

Man I am even getting in trouble with my wife from posting on this forum. :(
I am crazy.  :o

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on February 09, 2005, 11:17 AM NHFT
Man I am even getting in trouble with my wife from posting on this forum. :(
I am crazy.? :o

Russell, haven't you heard this one:
If a man says something while in the woods, while his wife is miles away, is he still wrong?

candyvynwak

Pascal,
    S'il vous plait, correctez ma grammaire; je veux pour devenir mieux. 
Quote from: pascal.belanger on February 07, 2005, 08:08 PM NHFT
Ton francais est ok m'est dieu ne regle pas tout .Dieu n'a pas cree l'homme ,l'homme a cree dieu :o essai d'ecouter LE LIBERTIN c'est mon film fetish!
Je pense que Dieu cree l'homme, et l'homme cree Nietsche, Hitler, et Stalin.  8) Je n'ai jamais entendue parler du Libertin... c'est un film fetish??!  Je n'aime pas regarder les hommes nus.  :P Le film semble tres drole...  Vous le suggerez parce que le philosophie de l'humanisme/relativisme?

Aussi, vous n'avez pas reponder mes questionnes:  Qu'est-ce que votre explanation de l' origine de la vie?  QUOI est-ce que nous a crees?
Quote from: pascal.belanger on February 07, 2005, 08:14 PM NHFT
I have great respect for christian fundamentalist it take stamina to block logic and
reason eternaly ;)

Ooooo... them's fightin' words.  I take it you have great faith that there is no God?  Show me my illogic.  >:( :)

candyvynwak

Quote from: AlanM on February 04, 2005, 11:29 PM NHFT
Just curious as to whether anyone has read the three books by Col. James Churhward about the lost continent of MU, in the Pacific. It details a whole different creationism and expansion of civilization.
Never heard of it, but I may be interested...  Could you summarize them for me?   :)
Quote from: AlanM on February 09, 2005, 11:04 AM NHFT
pascal.belanger,
A question for you. Do you use "logic" when deciding what to eat, or what to wear, or how you style your hair? While logic is important, it is not the end all of human existence. Sometimes we do things for reasons other than logic.
A good point, indeed, Alan.  Logic is just another "rule set" that life (usually) exists by; like physics and mathematics. Naturally, there are exceptions and paradoxes.  For example, light is both matter and energy simulaneously.  Yet matter and energy are mutually exclusive.  Reconcile that with human logic!

Further, God created logic, and I believe he usually plays by his own rules.  When He does not, that is considered a "miracle".  There is nothing illogical about Creationism; unless Pascal has found something of which I am unaware.  I await his answer...

Lloyd Danforth

I intended to stay out of this because more than 30 years of experience has shown me that it is impossible to have a rational argument with anyone who accepts the 'unprovable' on faith, but, I couldn't pass up responding to: " there is nothing illogical about Creationism"

I'm pretty sure Evolution has both Logic and Evidence on it's side.