• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking Hearing (was Keene's Taj-Mahal)

Started by Happy Dude, March 14, 2006, 04:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Dude

My Dad went to a funeral last week. And there were a lot of people there. So he parked in a private lot witch is open to the public. And he got a parking ticket.

20 others got one too. I guess they now have to chip in to pay for 350-400 Marlboro street. And I guess you now have to walk to a funeral if you don't want a ticket nor does the city care about people resting in peace.

For the Calendar:
Hearing at 9am on 3/21 in Keene.

Russell Kanning

We just don't pay the parking tickets.

Which parking lot is that one?

Happy Dude

Quote from: russellkanning on March 14, 2006, 04:35 PM NHFT
We just don't pay the parking tickets.

Which parking lot is that one?

I believe it was the Grange parking lot.

Russell Kanning

Would the company have wanted to ticket the people? I can't really see that happening.

KBCraig

Yeah, something's not right. If it's a private lot, but open to the public, and no signs restricting who can park there or when, then what was the basis for the tickets?

Kat Kanning

Jerks felt like they needed more stolen funds.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on March 14, 2006, 07:25 PM NHFT
Yeah, something's not right. If it's a private lot, but open to the public, and no signs restricting who can park there or when, then what was the basis for the tickets?
I think the National Grange lot has signs on it.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on March 15, 2006, 05:15 AM NHFT

Shouldn't park there then, but, did the Grange folks make a complaint?

Happy Dude

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 15, 2006, 07:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on March 15, 2006, 05:15 AM NHFT

Shouldn't park there then, but, did the Grange folks make a complaint?

What do you mean? Shoudnt park there? That was a big funeral for one and for 2 there was no other parking anywheres else. And the Grange is closed on Satudays so what difference would that make.

This is bad as parking on lawns and the City and a bunch od busy bodys making it a crime to park on lawns.

Then you have some clowns with in this city that want to charge a $100 fine for parking on lawns. For Christ sakes there other problems in this city that need to be addressed instead of raping people for parking in parking lots and lawns.

How about this city fix the sidewalks so the old ladys are not falling out of there wheelchairs on Marlboro st for one.

Next you'll need a permit to have a BBQ in your backyard. This is nothing more then the next step for Big Brother.

Kat Kanning

Happy Dude

Lloyd Danforth

If the Grange had no parking signs then you shouldn't park there!  What part of no tresspassing on private property don't you understand?
The funeral home should make some kind of agreement with the grange for when they are not using their parking lot, but, they didn't.
You should pay the tickets and the money should go to the Grange, not, the city.

Happy Dude

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 15, 2006, 03:00 PM NHFT
If the Grange had no parking signs then you shouldn't park there!  What part of no tresspassing on private property don't you understand?
The funeral home should make some kind of agreement with the grange for when they are not using their parking lot, but, they didn't.
You should pay the tickets and the money should go to the Grange, not, the city.

Do they have signs stating that?

Dreepa

Quote from: Happy Dude on March 15, 2006, 02:20 PM NHFT
This is bad as parking on lawns and the City and a bunch od busy bodys making it a crime to park on lawns.
BTW.... that is crazy that you can't park on your own damn lawn.

Kat Kanning

A while back the police came to the house across the street from us.  They parked on the lawn.