• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking Hearing (was Keene's Taj-Mahal)

Started by Happy Dude, March 14, 2006, 04:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I don't know if the grange has signs on their lot ...... on saturdays and sundays it is empty.

What day is your dad's hearing?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Happy Dude on March 15, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 15, 2006, 03:00 PM NHFT
If the Grange had no parking signs then you shouldn't park there!  What part of no tresspassing on private property don't you understand?
The funeral home should make some kind of agreement with the grange for when they are not using their parking lot, but, they didn't.
You should pay the tickets and the money should go to the Grange, not, the city.

Do they have signs stating that?

Russell Kanning:
"I think the National Grange lot has signs on it."

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on March 15, 2006, 04:04 PM NHFT
A while back the police came to the house across the street from us.  They parked on the lawn.

You should have ticketed them

Russell Kanning

What do I know about signs?

Happy Dude

Quote from: russellkanning on March 15, 2006, 04:21 PM NHFT
I don't know if the grange has signs on their lot ...... on saturdays and sundays it is empty.

What day is your dad's hearing?

Tuesday at 9:00 am

Happy Dude

A while back the police came to the house across the street from us.  They parked on the lawn.

Really, I hope you gave them hell for it too.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Pat McCotter on March 12, 2006, 05:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on March 12, 2006, 03:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: FSP-Rebel on March 11, 2006, 08:53 PM NHFT
It was surprisingly quiet in the Keene PD.  They use intercoms to communicate to people. Big building for not much activity.

There's very little real crime in Keene.  We sure don't need all those policemen.

They are a deterrent!

Rrrriiighhggt.  ::)

I say fire 2/3 of them.

Tracy

tracysaboe

But Government always exempts itself from it's own laws. You know that.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on March 15, 2006, 04:28 PM NHFT

I thought you said there were lots of signs at the Grange on post #22

Russell Kanning

I think there is a sign ..... I will look today.
At night or on saturday or sunday .... I would be comfortable parking there.

Happy Dude

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 15, 2006, 08:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on March 15, 2006, 04:28 PM NHFT

I thought you said there were lots of signs at the Grange on post #22

Even if that is so. It was a big funeral. And my Dad is 74 years old and you can't expect him to park 7 blocks away.

I'm sure that his pickup truck parked there for an hour and a half did not hurt anyone.
geee there was 20 others parked there for the same service.

And they got tickets as well.

Lloyd Danforth

If that is so, it is important!  Do you think property rights are 'qualified' because there was a big funeral next door?
You should complain to the funeral home for not making arrangements for overflow parking.
The cops should not have ticketed unless there was a complaint from the Grange and then the money should go to the grange.

Happy Dude

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 16, 2006, 11:45 AM NHFT
If that is so, it is important!  Do you think property rights are 'qualified' because there was a big funeral next door?
You should complain to the funeral home for not making arrangements for overflow parking.
The cops should not have ticketed unless there was a complaint from the Grange and then the money should go to the grange.

So where should he have parked then? And then why does the City ahve to be cold harted on this issue/ Funeral for crying out lowd. It was not like he had parked there to take a stroll through the park.

There should have been no tickets. End of story. And I'm glad to see that your pro active for the City of Keene. ::) ::)

Lloyd Danforth

If you read my posts you will see I am for private property. We could leave the city out of it by the Grange confiscating the cars and holding them for ransom.
It is not the grange's responsibility to provide parking foranyone.

Happy Dude

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 16, 2006, 01:30 PM NHFT
If you read my posts you will see I am for private property. We could leave the city out of it by the Grange confiscating the cars and holding them for ransom.
It is not the grange's responsibility to provide parking foranyone.

You must be from CT. ::)