• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking Hearing (was Keene's Taj-Mahal)

Started by Happy Dude, March 14, 2006, 04:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Dude

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 17, 2006, 10:48 PM NHFT
here it is:  bureau of parking enforcement 603.357.9845

Thanks for posting that. But we did go to there office and they said go to court in a very arrogant tone.

Caleb

If the ticketing occurred at the Grange parking lot, some (if not most) of those parking spaces are owned by the City of Keene and reserved for officers of the law or the court (since the court is, or was, nearby,).

Now, don't misunderstand me ... I'm NOT saying the ticketing was justified.  Just trying to get into the head of the oppressor and understand what he was thinking.

If you don't pay the ticket, what will happen?  I've never got in any trouble for not paying parking tickets.

Caleb

Dave Ridley

arright.  i called parking enforcement and asked the questions that I've listed above.

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 18, 2006, 05:42 PM NHFT
arright.  i called parking enforcement and asked the questions that I've listed above.

...and did they give answers?

Dave Ridley

No I just left a voice mail it was after hours.

tracysaboe

I guess you'll need to try again.

See, you guys have lots of stuff to report on right in Keene. :)

Tracy

Dave Ridley

I got a call back from Ginger at Keene PD answering some of my questions today.  I told her I was with NHfree.com and would faithfully report what she told me to our website where we are discussing the issue.

She said as she understood it the people ticketed were not parked at the Grange but in city owned spots which were rented by private individuals for their use mon-sat.   She said this ticketing happened on a Saturday I believe.  She also said they would not give a parking ticket to someone parked on private property. 

Whether the city is right or wrong on this I hope it will help that whenever they do something of some slightly controversial nature  they find themselves answering questions from us amateur new media types.

Happy Dude

Quote from: calibaba77 on March 18, 2006, 12:22 PM NHFT
If the ticketing occurred at the Grange parking lot, some (if not most) of those parking spaces are owned by the City of Keene and reserved for officers of the law or the court (since the court is, or was, nearby,).

Now, don't misunderstand me ... I'm NOT saying the ticketing was justified.  Just trying to get into the head of the oppressor and understand what he was thinking.

If you don't pay the ticket, what will happen?  I've never got in any trouble for not paying parking tickets.

Caleb

That was the Gilbo st lot. And on a Saturday It was not the parking lot near the court house.

Dreepa

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 20, 2006, 08:23 PM NHFT
She also said they would not give a parking ticket to someone parked on private property. 
Unless you park on your front lawn. >:D

Happy Dude

The hearing was set for today. And they called this morning and said that they were not going to go through with it.

^-^So  We're not going to let it rest though. Because we feel that they'll just screw someone else over in the same position. And the bottom line is that they should not treat people like that.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning