• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ha ha FOUND YOU!

Started by outsidethebox, March 17, 2006, 08:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

outsidethebox

okay - so you guys have been trying to hide from me, but I FOUND YOU! HA! I am still trapped in MASS, been trying to get across the border for a coupla years - inching my way closer - only 11 miles from the border - yaayyy! At least close enough where we (me & daughter) can pop up to Keene and walk around civilization for awhile (after I park, get out, kiss the ground...). And...a few days ago...there IT was....that beautiful little piece of newsprint, calling out to me...the Keene Free Press....aaahhhh... Well, I secreted it carefully upon my person and snuck it back across the border into MA. I drove with extra caution - what a time this would be for the old heap to blow a fuse or some other minor infraction that could cause me to get pulled over by...you know...them...and I could get caught sneaking independent thought and talk of freedom into MA...EGADS!

Later on, I drew all the drapes in my bedroom, took it out and feasted my brain upon the guilty pleasures of intelligent, freedom loving thought! But wait!...did I hear a creak out on the porch, outside my bedrom window? I quickly doused the light and, with my heart beating wildly, hid the precious paper under my mattress....

AlanM

Welcome, outsidethebox. In NH, you can read it openly.

Russell Kanning

So where did you find our paper?

Kat Kanning

Welcome, outsidethebox!  Do we know you?  :)

outsidethebox

I found *the* paper, KFP, in a bookstore next to (or close to) Timoleons. I may *know* some of the people here from the FSP groups, although I've been quiet for the past year.
I used to write for that wonderfully kooky small political paper, Massachusetts News, until the self-proclaimed "part-Libertarian" (  ::) publisher went off the deep-end. (motto: "We encourage independent thinking and opinions - unless they disagree with mine"..). My niche in the world was taunting and tormenting the Dept. of Social Services/CPS. aaahhh... what jolly fun that was..! sigh... the good old days...

Kat Kanning

Oh wonderful.  If you want to write for us, we'd be happy to have some more articles :)

outsidethebox

Always ready to write! One of my observations over the past 2 -3 years of spending time in NH, looking for a house, etc., has been the creeping invasion of the MASS mentality that I have seen with a sinking heart. Of course, that's the rub with crazy people - they are never content to be free to be as crazy as they wish and live happily, their fulfillment only comes from inflicting their craziness upon others and spreading misery.

I was thinking that perhaps I could make my angle a sort of the-view-from-south-of-the-border, that kind of thing... The loss of freedom and all of the issues that encompasses is national, but the contrast between MA and NH, so close geographically, so far philosophically/politically, makes a nice model to illustrate many libertarian concerns.

okay, I need more coffee if I am going to be required to think....

Kat Kanning