• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rape in Keene / Weapon Charity

Started by Kat Kanning, March 18, 2006, 08:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PinoX7

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2006, 08:54 AM NHFT
Looking at the crime statistics in Keene, we found that in 2004 the city had 10 rapes, which is higher than the national average/100,000 residents.  We'd like to help bring this number down.  We want to start a charity for donating money to arming women and training them in the safe use of arms.  People could donate money, training, guns, or other weapons.  We could ask people like Tony Lekas to come over and do gun training.  What do you think?

Well First Im all about guns, so dont take this message the wrong way, and I also have nothing against women, But during the corse of 2 years training Marines with weapons I have trained many Females, and well almost all of them are pretty much scared of the weapon.  My training is mental and many women say that their not scared, but subconsciously anticipating the shot and forcing the weapon, sending the round far from the target.  Ive seen trained females (and males) missing man sized targets from 7 yards away. So either anyone reciving a weapon should recive proper training, or I think it would be easier to just get tasers or pepper spray, or something like that. Its also cheaper, and more acceptable to many people.

Lloyd Danforth

Everything in the military is about intimidation.  Not a good learning environment.  There are a bunch of women in NH learning how to handle firearms.  If you look at 1/2 dozen police videos, you will see that cops and perps often can'thit anyone 7 yards away in actual combat situations.

Spencer

The first time that I took my wife shooting, she ended up beating the pants off of me (much to the amusement of the range staff).

KBCraig

The military provides just about the worst firearms instruction in the world, at the basic level. (Yes, I'm former Army.)

The problem is that the services are afraid of guns in the hands of their people. Combine that with military regimentation and natural safety concerns of teaching firearms to large groups of people, and you wind up with a very poor learning environment. Those who are wary first-timers will fine little confidence on a military range.

Sorry, PinoX7, this is true even for the Marines and their well deserved reputation for rifle marksmanship. A good Marine rifleman is a fine battle rifleman, but not necessarily much of a rifle shot. I know deer hunters who fire three shots to check zero before the season begins, then one shot per every deer for however many tags they have, and finish the season with a freezer full of meat and half a box of ammo left over. You can't argue their effectiveness as hunters, but put them on a target range, and they'll be seriously embarassed.

Historically women are better natural shots than men, and those who take it seriously and practice will run rings around most men. The first time my daughter ever had a pistol in her hand, she dropped all six 6" plates at 15 yards, with six shots (she had just turned 14, and was using her mom's Makarov).

The main thing that makes men harder to train, is the macho factor. Theywe think we know it all, especially about "manly stuff" like guns. The military environment is very competitive and macho. Some of the women who join try to out-macho the men (and some do!); others are just intimidated by all that, and do what they have to do just to get through the "manly stuff" like the Q course.

Kevin

PinoX7

Quote from: KBCraig on October 06, 2006, 11:21 PM NHFT
The main thing that makes men harder to train, is the macho factor. Theywe think we know it all, especially about "manly stuff" like guns. The military environment is very competitive and macho. Some of the women who join try to out-macho the men (and some do!); others are just intimidated by all that, and do what they have to do just to get through the "manly stuff" like the Q course.

Yes thats is exactly true. I mean you look at me, well i just picked up Cpl, but Ive been a lance, for one and a half years, anyways, I know im a great instructor, I was trained and fired with the Marine corp shooting team(and scout snipers dont got shit on me with Iron sites) Anyways, Im a Lcpl trying to teach a Sgt, or SSgt, or any officer. Lots of them think they 'dont need practice' cause they shot expert last year, well i dont know about you guys, but if i dont shoot for a week i feel rusty. These guys wont listen to anything I say cause they been in longer, or they think they know everything, Pisses me off. Thats why teaching civilians is so much easier, you dont have that rank diff, and they acctually seem interested. I taught a few of my friends on leave, started with a lil .22 and after about just 3 days, they were doing pretty damn good, we nicknamed one of em the 'cerial can killer'

KBCraig

Time to bring this thread back to the original topic. Although, when it comes to flashers, I do advocate an ounce or two of Fox Labs' best 5.3 million Scoville OC spray directly on the offending member.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=KSC+student+reports+attack+in+on-campus+parking+lot&articleId=fbfb8a87-9808-48c8-a36a-a3a84b5554cc

KSC student reports attack in on-campus parking lot

By FAITH SAWYER
Special to New Hampshire Union Leader

Keene ? A Keene State College student says a man exposed himself to her in an on-campus parking lot behind the Wal-Mart plaza, then chased her and knocked her down before fleeing.

Police and Keene State College Campus Safety officers are investigating.

The man is described as 5 foot 10 inches, average build, with possible facial hair and wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.

According to officials, after exposing himself to the student shortly before 8 p.m., the man chased the student and knocked her down before running away when the student screamed.

The incident comes two weeks after a man was reported exposing himself to students outside a residence hall. Campus Safety officials said they consider the incidents related at this point.

"We're not certain, but we're going on the assumption it may be," said Campus Safety Director Amanda Warman.

The man described in the earlier incident near the Owls Nest is 1described as 19 to 20 years old, 5-foot-seven to 5-foot-eight, with a small amount of facial hair. He allegedly exposed himself to females walking by a hallway window and fled when they noticed him.

Four separate sexual assaults also have been filed by students, although they all involved alcohol and acquaintances. Monday's incident appears to have been random.

According to on-campus announcement to students, an officer was to begin patrolling the area yesterday to increase security in the parking lot behind the Wal-Mart plaza. Warman also urged students to use the shuttle system or walk with a friend at night.