• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Another MPD protest 3/23

Started by Dave Ridley, March 22, 2006, 08:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I think I will go protest MPD again tomorrow, will probably stand on the street corner in manchestser where russell and kat were arrested.     where exactly was that btw?  I know it was on elm street not too far from the radisson but not much else.

The plan is for me to be there at 5pm until 6:30p.  then I'll go to the Caspian meeting in bedford.

only an 85% chance i will actually be able to do this protest, I will go into work if called in on an emergency.   We have a lot of emergencies LOL.   I'll know by 3pm whether that's going to happen.

call me at 721  1490 if you want to participate.

My sign says

Dear MPD:
all NH is a free
speech zone
NHfree.com

1984IsNow

I'd love to join you if I wasn't fairly sure my car would die before making it to manchester.

Kat Kanning

We were in front of the Radisson.  The arrests happened on Elm St. at Merrimack.  We were protesting standing at the bus stop in front of the Radisson...same side of the street as the hotel.

1984IsNow

I just read the articles you wrote about the situation, kat, and you guys are awesome :)
Wish I could have been there.

Russell Kanning

I am sure the situation will come up for you. :)

Dave Ridley

<<We were protesting standing at the bus stop in front of the Radisson...same side of the street as the hotel.>>

arright, that is where i'll plan on being.  cell me if you don't see me.

Dave Ridley

Much happiness to report from my little spot demo yesterday in manchester.  As usual it was just me...until....

Some disgruntled teens showed up.    From about 100 yards away I could hear em whooping and hollering about my little sign, one of them told me he's facing a charge similar to russell's....and they rallied with me heh heh.    More specifically they just set up their impromptu band next to where I was demonstrating and held a sign for me.  I'm sure I need not add they all got invites from me to visit NHfree.com!

For two hours I/we got wave after honk after whoop after thumbs up, including a thumbs-up from an MPD officer driving by!  I got to talk to dozens of people and invited maybe ten to our website.   I didn't get any negative feedback to speak of, even got to explain the situation in spanish to some ladies who didn't speak english heh heh.

I've never held a sign that generated such positive response or been at a location that seemed so perfect.  (merrimack and elm).  I guess that's why Kat and Russell chose it originally.   As we do more protests about this issue that might be a good spot.

I think about 8 MPD officers saw me and the sign total, one reporter came up to me who was just there by accident and gave me his card, one gal who says she's a writer looking for something to write about also.   I told her we do have a thousand stories to tell....

Probably about 600 people saw my sign total.

Kat Kanning

Great, Dave!  What did you sign say?

KBCraig

Russell Kanning

...and gee willackers .... they didn't arrest you.

Dave Ridley

Dear MPD:
all NH is a free
speech zone
NHfree.com

unfortunately no one has registered here yet, of the people i talked to

i guess next time i have to get their emails.      i did get the reporter email tho

1984IsNow

Don't sweat it, dada.  The people who are the most likely to be willing to make a change will care enough to register.  Anyone who is too lazy to take the 5 minutes to register on a site like this probably wouldn't be willing to take the time to do anything.
We'll keep spreading the word, though.

Russell Kanning

That area of Elm Street could become a special free speech zone. :)

The cops will be thinking ... I better swing by that area and see who has shown up with a sign.
:soapbox: :southpark: :wicked:

1984IsNow

Let's make the whole state a special free speech zone =P

Kat Kanning

Oh...Oh...Oh...Let's get some chalk and chalk on the sidewalk a free speech zone.