• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jgmaynard

Or an ancient Roman historian/Censor (?)?

JM

Kat Kanning

Oh, not that I mind putting up pics for you, but are you unable to post pictures?  Maybe I have the permissions set wrong?

FTL_Ian

My email to Thomas Eaton in Keene.  He has not responded to my email about the smoking ban yet.  How long do these guys take to reply, usually?

Thomas,

I sent you an email early this morning about the smoking ban.  I was pleased to see the Senate shut it down, and not pleased to see you vote for it.  I'm still interested in answers to my two questions from the my last email.

The reason for this email is to encourage you to vote *FOR* HB1582, the bill which will opt NH out of the federal "REAL ID" program.

REAL ID is an insult to privacy, state sovereignty, and Liberty.  It deserves to be resisted, and I'll be proud that NH had the courage to say no to more federal control.  Please vote yes on HB1582, and do share your thoughts with me on it.

Thanks for your time,
Ian Bernard
Host - "Free Talk Live"

Dave Ridley

Sent to union leader

(for publication, if you wish)

Rally Urging N.H. Senators to Defy Real ID

Dear folks at the Union Leader:

On Saturday, April 22, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., between 50 and 300 supporters of a courageous and inspiring piece of legislation will rally at the State House in Concord.  House Bill 1582 would say "no" to the Federal government's hated "Real ID" scheme and extricate New Hampshire from its privacy-killing embrace.   

Real ID is an attempt to make you carry expensive, Federally-approved identification in place of your current, less-expensive driver's license.   This budget-breaking card has the potential to track your movements and would place your personal info into a Fed database. 

Fortunately, the N.H. House, led by Rep. Neal Kurk, has voted to *defy* Washington and keep our state out of the Real ID system.  His bill would save us millions and help preserve *your* privacy.  It may also result in unforeseen hardships for each of us, as Washington will surely direct retaliation our way if we don't submit.

Join us on April 22.  Let our senators know that if they stand firm against the District of Coercion and in favor of HB 1582, you will stand with them.  For details call ___ or head to NHfree.com

Dave Ridley

sign looks a little busy roger (if it is for a protest)

Kat Kanning

With that sign, I guess I didn't get the joke.   :-\

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 06, 2006, 03:40 PM NHFT
My email to Thomas Eaton in Keene.  He has not responded to my email about the smoking ban yet.  How long do these guys take to reply, usually?

Senators typically don't.
Sorry, get used to it -- they're in your boat, so to speak, in that they just get more emails than can be responded to.

It's the State Reps (ie, the House) that generally do respond to emails. They have ~3,000 constituents, instead of ~60,000

The take-away here is, don't hesistate to email the Reps on the next issue. Keep your eyes open and be ready for the next Fire Brigade (or issue of any kind that gets your ire up),  and write the Reps. Don't leave it until the Senate has the ball.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on April 05, 2006, 09:21 PM NHFT
So what kinds of stuff are we doing on the 22nd?

I don't know if we're doing anything on the 22nd.  Anytime people ask about the rally, the only response they receive is a passive acknowledgement of it while everyone is focusing all their energy on passing the anti-Real ID bill. :(

d_goddard

Quote from: Michael Fisher on April 06, 2006, 05:13 PM NHFT
the only response they receive is a passive acknowledgement of it while everyone is focusing all their energy on passing the anti-Real ID bill. :(

What's so wrong about that?
Surely it is appropriate to first focus on preserving and safeguarding our liberties, especially since the Senate is due to vote on this well before the proposed rally... right?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 06, 2006, 04:43 PM NHFT
sign looks a little busy roger (if it is for a protest)

Just messing around with the Green Hornet and Kato for nothing more than my amusement with the "Suits" approach.
If we would all dress like politicians we would already be free.

d_goddard

Quote from: Roger Grant on April 06, 2006, 05:42 PM NHFT

Now yer just makin' fun of us NHLA drones ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: d_goddard on April 06, 2006, 06:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on April 06, 2006, 05:42 PM NHFT

Now yer just makin' fun of us NHLA drones ;)

No, I'm happy that people are willing to do that stuff.

As for me, I used to work inside the beltway and have had too much experience with politicians, wonks etc.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Michael Fisher on April 06, 2006, 05:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on April 05, 2006, 09:21 PM NHFT
So what kinds of stuff are we doing on the 22nd?

I don't know if we're doing anything on the 22nd.  Anytime people ask about the rally, the only response they receive is a passive acknowledgement of it while everyone is focusing all their energy on passing the anti-Real ID bill. :(
Who is in charge? What do they want to do?

Tom Sawyer

Something a little more constructive.

[attachment deleted by admin]

d_goddard

Quote from: russellkanning on April 06, 2006, 07:54 PM NHFT
Who is in charge? What do they want to do?

Two questions I never expect to see coming from Russ Kanning's account...
Who are you, and how did you get his password?!?

;)