• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

I have unfortunately learned to believe NOTHING until the fat lady sings.
I was there when the Senate Committee voted UNANIMOUSLY for HB1582, unaltered, telling the Feds to go blow it.
I listened over the stream when the very same Senators gutted the bill on the Senate floor.
I sat shocked when I saw the roll call vote ... these same Senators killed 1582, when they thought nobody was looking, by not even forming the study committee called for by the gutted HB1582.

Treachery and deceit.

For an elected official, giving your word is your most precious currency. Giving your word on where you stand on an issue is like posting a large IOU. Changing that stance is like defaulting on a debt. It's fine to say you haven't decided if you truly haven't. It's not fine to have made up your mind... and pull a backroom switcheroo.

Tom Sawyer

Had fun delivering the lastest Keene Free Press in Manchester... you know the Real ID shafting edition.
Papers were provided to the 3 Senators and their neighbors.

Here we are visiting our buddy Andre Martel's house. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

d_goddard

Quote from: Roger Grant on June 01, 2006, 05:03 PM NHFT
Had fun delivering the lastest Keene Free Press in Manchester... you know the Real ID shafting edition.

I have a big grin and I'm tearing up a little... this is beautiful. Let 'em know, their skullduggery was NOT missed.
This is just like in that Richord Pryor movie "The Toy", when they printed up the incendiary newspaper... and the rich daddy had to track down every last copy and buy them up...

... but you can't buy up all the copies of KFP:
a) they're free
b) the can is open ... the worms are everywhere
c) it's on the Internet, baby  8)

NC2NH

Quote from: Roger Grant on June 01, 2006, 05:03 PM NHFT

Here we are visiting our buddy Andre Martel's house. :)

Wow, that is priceless!

Looks like Mr. Flip-Flop Martel needs to hire Porcupine Partners to do some yard work. >:D

It was great meeting you today, Roger.

Rob

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on June 01, 2006, 02:40 PM NHFT
For an elected official, giving your word is your most precious currency.

I would say bowing to your party bosses is the most important thing for them.

Dave Ridley

Rocket man wrote:

<<I'm a tiny bit afraid that if there's too much "mainstream public" noise about the executive council's role, NH might be invaded by arm-twisting DC staffers again.>>

I think maybe the DC folks are already doing this, that's what I heard but can't remember where.  Bradley and Gregg were the perpetrators, that was what I heard.  I have not heard a lot about charlie bass in all this lately , so maybe he is not all that active in lobbying for "the Mark," or is doing so quietly.

If Debra P.  is making all these calls against Real ID, and a Democrat, I suspect she will probably vote against taking the money. 

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on June 02, 2006, 08:01 AM NHFT
I think maybe the DC folks are already doing this, that's what I heard but can't remember where.  Bradley and Gregg were the perpetrators, that was what I heard.
US Sen. Judd Gregg (NH) persuaded NH Sen. John Barnes to invite "staffers" from Gregg's office to come and meet with NH Senators.

Several of "our" people (most notably Joel and Amy) waited outside the office where these folks were meeting. They took our Senators in small groups and spoke to them behind closed doors, out of earshot. These staffers from DC left the building through a side door when they were done, presumably to avoid having to answer Joel's questions.

Y'all might be interested to see the exact points of contention where a Federal Real-ID would possibly conflict with the existing New Hampshire Privacy rules:
http://www.freestateblogs.net/realid_nh_license

tracysaboe

Quote from: d_goddard on June 02, 2006, 10:28 AM NHFT

Y'all might be interested to see the exact points of contention where a Federal Real-ID would possibly conflict with the existing New Hampshire Privacy rules:

That's a very professional lookoing blog. I had no idea FreeStateBlog's existed. Looks like their's a whole network of different free staters blogging their.

Tracy

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: tracysaboe on June 02, 2006, 02:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on June 02, 2006, 10:28 AM NHFT

That's a very professional lookoing blog. I had no idea FreeStateBlog's existed. Looks like their's a whole network of different free staters blogging their.

Tracy

Well done Denis... thanks for digesting this info...

First came the forums, Free Talk Live for radio, videos, then the Keene Free Press, now the Bloggers are the next  wave. Could this be an information 'perfect storm' on the statist's horizon? Perhaps Liberty's voice will be heard?

Blain

Didn't you know, goddard?  Everytime a politition opens his mouth, he's lying!

d_goddard

Quote from: Mark Twain
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

http://www.twainquotes.com/Congress.html

ravelkinbow

The executive council will probably not deal with the money until the finance committee takes it off the table.

Dave Ridley

So should we be lobbying the finance committee members to keep it on the table?

ravelkinbow

We can try but the make up of that committee is not in our favor.
Keep the pressure on the executive council, we need people especially in Burton's district (north country)
to be contacting him...we need them to see this is a citizens issue and not a free state project one as Gatsas is trying to convince them of.