• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I'm in the process of recreating my alter ego Lt. Roger Wilco

National ID
Less Police State Please

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dreepa

Just heard Dave spreading the word about the rally on April 22nd on Gardner's Radio show.
Yeah Dave! ;D

Atlas

Yeah, the pics from this event should be posted to the FSP website. This would be a great recruiting tool. Also, what a great opportunity this would be to network with the other anti-real ID groups. And, whomever is going to be the LP candidate for governor this year should definitely consider this a key campaign stop.

aries

Not that we should do this or anything, but what if we irritated the senators about passing it?  >:D

Probably a bad idea, in case they decided to agree.

dawn

This committee is meeting on 4/19 at 9 for public hearing on a few bills. The schedule ends at 9:40 and then it says "executive session may follow" (as per most recent Senate calendar). In this exec session, they can make their recommendations on any bills that they have already had public hearings on. This will be held in room 103 of the state house. But any input given to the senators prior to this 4/19 meeting might help them make the recommendation that you're looking for.

d_goddard

Quote from: dawn on April 14, 2006, 03:09 PM NHFT
any input given to the senators prior to this 4/19 meeting might help them make the recommendation that you're looking for.

The Senators on the committee relevant to Real-ID are listed at:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/ns/billstatus/commdetails.asp?txtcommcode=S27

Focus on them, especially the 4 (r)'s

The Dems on the committee are already lined up behind HB1582; the (r)'s will have pressure from above not to do anything that might fail to "give the Federal Government the tools needed to fight the war on terror"

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on April 14, 2006, 08:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on April 14, 2006, 07:34 AM NHFT
Senator-irritating event

Friday,
Please, please take that back. Publicly.

Like it or not, the 24 Senators of the State of New Hampshire are the ones who will allow HB1582 to proceed, or not.
Like it or not, pissing people off is not a good way to get them to go along with you -- even if they fundamentally agree with you!

A major reason there is no smoking ban in New Hampshire today is because the pro-ban folks pissed off the Senators.

For proof, just listen to this.

IF YOU WANT TO ENSURE WE ARE NEVER FREE, IRRITATE PEOPLE.
If you want to make a real positive difference, if you want New Hampshire to be the Freest State, help make the case for NH1582 - firmly, graphically, publicly, but with humor and respect.

P.S. I know Friday would not intentionally be rude, the above ranting is for those who may misread her comment in a way other than it was surely intended.

Denis,

#1) Please don't tell me what to do. Ever.

#2) You misinterpreted my statement.  I said absolutely nothing about being rude to Senators. I have heard from the head of a Democratic group working on this issue that the Senators already ARE irritated because we are shining the bright light of publicity on their potentially craven act of giving in on this issue over a measly $3 million. And that's exactly as it should be (shining a bright light on our legislators, that is). The Founding Fathers agreed with me on that one.

#3) I find your posting the audio of the Smoking Ban Senate vote at me a little lame, Denis. You know damned well I was sitting right beside you and heard it the same time you did.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Friday on April 14, 2006, 06:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on April 14, 2006, 08:00 AM NHFT
P.S. I know Friday would not intentionally be rude, the above ranting is for those who may misread her comment in a way other than it was surely intended.

Denis,

#1) Please don't tell me what to do. Ever.

So fucking cool!  You rock.  I hope that I can do something to get you to say something like that to me.  I love honest people.

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

I attended the Senate sessions all day from the morning until about 3:30pm when HB203 was killed. This is an ACTUAL quote I heard NH Senator L'Etourneau say on Thursday while discussing a bill:

"When National ID passes..."

Michael Fisher

You don't want to know what ?tourneau translates to in English... ;)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on April 14, 2006, 05:31 AM NHFT
Cool, Mike.  You could just sharpie over the number.  Want us to bring a burning bucket, etc?

Sounds great!  Thanks!  :)

Quote from: Dreepa on April 14, 2006, 01:00 PM NHFT
Just heard Dave spreading the word about the rally on April 22nd on Gardner's Radio show.
Yeah Dave! ;D

Dave is the best!

citizen_142002

I wrote to Thomas Eaton, a republican, and asked him to uphold the NH GOP's traditional commitment to freedom. I think that the republican senators can be brought to vote in favor of HB 1582, it just helps to shade your comments in a light that they will find favorable.
I tried to talk about America's "heritage of freedom", and emphasize that RealID was repugnant to the principals of limited government.
I guess my strategy was to talk like a freedom lover, but a Republican freedom lover.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: citizen_142002 on April 14, 2006, 10:26 PM NHFT
I guess my strategy was to talk like a freedom lover, but a Republican freedom lover.

When it comes to the House, that may work.

With Senators, you need to be an orange-badger (my term for the lobbyists) with a large blank check in your hand in order to have any real chance of creating change.

Michael Fisher