• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Bumping. I have no idea why I didn't make this thread in NH politics... oops!

Anybody interested in offering testimony to the senators?

I emailed Gallus:
Senator Gallus - Please oppose the passage of HB1177. This bill only restricts the rights of the owner of the property, the restaurant. It is a bill being pushed by restaurant owners who do allow smoking, but are afraid of disallowing smoking because they would lose business. The NH restaurant and lodging assiciation has previously opposed a smoking ban, because of the implications it has on property rights.

Employees and patrons are well aware that they are entering a location that allows smoking when they do so, and decide to take a job or eat there. There is no forcing them to take a job, there is no forcing them to eat. It is about choice. All about choice, for your business, to whom you give your business and your working power.
If enough people didn't eat at an establishment, and voted with their feet, because it allowed smoking, I'm sure the owner would reconsider his policy. But please, don't force him to.

New Hampshire needs more economic and personal freedom, to encourage people to come to live, work, and operate businesses here. This law is another turn-off to doing all three.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to be thanking you for your vote of NO on HB1177.

No reply.

Michael Fisher

What: Massive Coalition Protest Against National ID
When: Saturday, April 22, from 11am-1pm.
Where: State Capitol Building, Concord

NH CASPIAN is coordinating a coalition RALLY from 11am-1pm at the State Capitol in Concord on Saturday, April 22nd.

At the protest, I'll be holding an anti-government sign (designed by Roger) to help decrease the consent of the governed.   ;) There will be political effects to this event, but that's because it is going to be an enormous event! We plan to create a nazi-style DHS "papers please" checkpoint to show what the real effect of National ID will be, but these brown suits will have DHS armbands instead of swastikas.

The size of the coalition being built is unprecedented from what I've ever been involved in. CNN will be at the event. National civil liberties groups are flying in representatives to our coalition meeting tomorrow (Thursday) at Bickford's after our 6pm NH Caspian meeting. Coalition organizations will literally be shipping people to Concord by the busload.

It is my hope that everyone from the Underground comes out to the event and brings everyone they know, and a LOT of anti-government signs.  :) :) :) This is going to be huge! Please pass this along to as many people as possible. E-mail it around, post it everywhere, and pass around flyers and propaganda if you can. ;) More info and flyers may be available at NHCaspian.org in the future.

I'd like to help with the FSP adopt-a-highway cleanup -- perhaps we should move the date of it. I plan on attending the April 19th trial so I'll see you there.

Feel free to put this on the Underground front page. I don't know if my Wiki login is working. If anyone wants my new phone number, it's 765-8100.

PowerPenguin

I can't be there for this, but I did put it on my blog. Hopefully this will help out in some way shape or form.

Dreepa

Slyvia Larsen said she is undecided but has a problem with Fed interfering with Privacy issues. So that sounds like a yea.

Also check out this LTE today:
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060330/REPOSITORY/603300330/1029/OPINION03

I am going to try and find this guy and invite him to the rally and this forum.

We need more LTEs (mentioning the rally).

Russell Kanning

Will there be random searches of old ladies purses like at the real ones in airports?

Kat Kanning

If I have to get a patdown, I want Russell to do it  >:D

Michael Fisher

Be sure to bring your binoculars, maps, video cameras, handheld casette recorders, etc.  ;)

I can't help with the FSP Litter Pickup on the Sabbath.  :(

Kat Kanning

Depends on who you talk to...my mother and Jewish people keep it on Saturday.

Lloyd Danforth

Wouls that be 1st Day Adventist or 2nd Day Adventist(calendar)?

Dreepa

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 30, 2006, 10:47 AM NHFT
Be sure to bring your binoculars, maps, video cameras, handheld casette recorders, etc.  ;)

I can't help with the FSP Litter Pickup on the Sabbath.  :(
'Keeping the Sabbath holy' I would say that cleaning up the earth would qualify.

Dreepa

Hey Mike,

Welcome back!

Have you thought about signing up for First1000?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

Thanks

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Dreepa on March 30, 2006, 12:13 PM NHFT
Hey Mike,

Welcome back!

Have you thought about signing up for First1000?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

Thanks

Done!  :)

Evenstar

I got "this" close to signing the First1000 pledge, until I re-read it and noticed the date.  Hubby, son, and I plan to move within five years of today regardless of how many move, but can't pledge to be there by the end of 2008.

Shucks.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: lawofattraction on March 30, 2006, 11:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 30, 2006, 11:15 AM NHFT
Wouls that be 1st Day Adventist or 2nd Day Adventist(calendar)?

Well, I'm not an Adventist (as in thinking the return of Christ is imminent), and I am flexible, doing the Sabbath on Monday only when it is convenient. So the proper name for me might be a 2nd Day Pragmatic Sabbatarian. But religion is as unique as each person experiencing it, so I prefer to avoid labels.

I was Joking.  I thought Adventist meant advocate.  Some of my ancestors started the 7th Day Adventist Babtist Church, stating that " Only the Lord can set the sabbath Day (Sunday) and not some governing authority", so I thought it meant advocate.

Tom Sawyer

This sounds like a good event... we are planning to attend. :)