• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

The lesson is.....
.... you have to stay eternally plugged into the matrix in order to have access.
.... or it pays to have friends like Ron to help you.

d_goddard

Quote from: russellkanning on April 04, 2006, 10:01 AM NHFT
The lesson is.....
.... you have to stay eternally plugged into the matrix in order to have access.
.... or it pays to have friends like Ron to help you.
I think I like the second option rather better :)

How about getting the two systems to use the same authentication system? (note that I have no idea how to do so or even whether such is feasable)

Better yet, how about putting the doc somewhere where folks don't beed an extra login... like, for example, by click "Additional Options" on a post here, then clicking "Attach?" The help that comes up advertises that PDF files are allowed...

Dave Ridley

i've put this on the calendar
From NH KATHERINE:

Great news! This just in from NH State Rep. Neal Kurk:

The CATO/ACLU forum on HB 1582 is set for Thursday, April 6, at 12:30 in rooms 301-303 of the Legislative Office Building in Concord. 
    Its focus is on senators.  I understand they're to receive personal invitations.  I also understand that press will be present.
    A large crowd would add luster to the occasion and show public support for the bill. 

I'll say! Let's raise the roof on this one. (This would be a perfect time to do our theatrical "your papers, please" event.)

After spending about 60 hours on this project, I need to bow out now to focus on my dissertation. The ads went out today, we have flyers and yard signs, we have a website, we know who to call and where, and we know where to be and when. Now all we need are willing volunteers to bring it all together, get the phone calls made, and show the media that we care.

Talk to most of you tonight in the 8:00 PM conference call.

In freedom,
Katherine

(p.s. Sorry for sending from so many different email accounts. You can write to any one of them and they'll all come to me in the same in-box.)

NH Katherine

Here are some of the highlights of what we've accomplished so far in developing resources to support HB 1582:

• The http://www.GraniteStateID.com website is up and in the process of being edited. Bill Scannell's designer, David, did a fantastic job - it looks great! (It will be ready for public unveiling tomorrow. Please spread the word.)  Thanks, Bill and crew.

• Flyers are available on the website for download. A local printer has donated 500 double-sided flyers that I picked up today. We could use more.

• Rich Tomasso, Kate Rick, and I worked together to ads in newspapers around the state today. The Senator's name was changed in each ad to reflect the appropriate district. The cost for all of these ads is around $400. We would be grateful for donations to help cover that. At present they are being paid out of my own pocket.

• Joel Winters has ordered yard signs and will be picking them up today. We need volunteers to place them in the appropriate districts around the state.

• The phone line has been set up to take messages. If someone would like to volunteer to answer these calls, they can be forwarded to any number. (Note that incoming calls to that line cost 7 cents per second, which goes on my bill.)

• We need people to generate phone calls directly. New Hampshire residents: Please go out to parks, malls, city streets, the town "transfer station" (i.e., the dump), etc. with your senator's phone number programmed into the speed dial on your cell phone. Every time you hand someone a flyer, offer to place a call to their senator. Then hand them the ringing phone and have them read the line at the bottom of the back of the flyer that says:

"Hello, my name is ___________, I live in ______ [name your town]. I do not want the federal government to control my drivers license. Please get New Hampshire out of National ID and the REAL ID act. Please vote yes on House Bill 1582."

If any of you have resources in New Hampshire that can help us, if you have media contacts that can drive or fly in, or if you could help us out financially, please contact Joel Winters, joel@nhcaspian.com.

If we work hard over the next several days, I believe we may have a shot at actually winning this one.

In freedom,
Katherine Albrecht

Dave Ridley

Got this in an e-mail, it's the news release.

BIG RALLY IN CONCORD AGAINST FEDERAL "REAL ID"

SAT., APRIL 22nd 11 AM -1 PM

HELL... NO!  NOT IN THE "LIVE FREE OR DIE  STATE" OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

Anti-Real ID Rally

RALLY AGAINST FEDERAL ID

Do you like dealing with the I R S and other federal agencies? Then you'll love "Real I.D." It's a Washington scheme to make you carry an expensive, Federally-imposed identification card...a card which could eventually track your every move. "Papers, please!"

Fortunately, the New Hampshire House...led by Rep. Neal Kurk of Weare...has voted to *defy* Washington and keep our state out of the Real ID system. This will save us millions of dollars and help preserve *your* privacy.

But power-hungry DC bureaucrats are not ready to let New Hampshire keep her freedoms without a fight. Their goal is to kill Representative Kurk's bill in the state senate. And they will succeed if you do not join the fight. Here's how you can help:

Come to our rally on April 22. We and privacy advocates of all political stripes will descend on the State House in Concord that day to urge our senators: Stand up to the Feds. Tell them we will not go along with their unfunded, unconstitutional Real ID mandate. The nation looks to New Hampshire for leadership on matters like these. We must not let them down.

What: Rally in favor of House Bill 1582, which would prevent New Hampshire from participating in "Real ID."
Who: NHCASPIAN (www.NHCASPIAN.org) and every group we could think of to invite.
Where: New Hampshire State House, 107 N. Main St., Concord NH
When: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday, April 22, 2006
Why: To prevent higher spending and taxation, to keep lines from getting longer at the DMV, to prevent the federal government from more easily tracking *your* activities.
How: To make our point, we plan to set up a mock Federal concentration camp and demand "papers please!" from anyone who wants to enter or leave it. Other symbols of protest may include "Real ID tattoos" on our forearms and "Real ID armbands." Bring your own symbols, creativity, and costumes if you like, but most of all bring YOU!

Flyer for the event:
http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=1
http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=2

Dave Ridley

I doubt it will be practical for me to go to the forum on the 6th so I've called 4 other people and invited them to go.  Probably one or two of those will.

Kat Kanning

Sorry, I think I've fixed the problem with the file download. 

Was really sick yesterday  :(

Russell Kanning

Friday

Yes, it's happening on the 22nd! How come ya keep asking that?  :icon_pirat:

Friday

[bit of duplicate info and thread-crossing here, but just to remind everyone...]

There are two great reasons for all of us who care about freedom in
New Hampshire to be in Concord this Thursday, April 6.

reason#1) The Senate will be debating HB1177, the bill to ban smoking
in all New Hampshire restaurants and bars, that morning.  We need as
many people as possible to be present and wear an anti-ban badge, to
counteract the pro-ban people who will undoubtedly be there. If you
can possibly be in Concord that day, meet up with the NHLA crowd in
the State House cafeteria (underground in the building with the big
gold dome) at 8:30 AM.  Please dress professionally. You will be asked
to hand out fliers and chat with Senators, but if you're not
comfortable doing that, don't worry about it. Just be there and wear a
badge; it will make a difference!

reason#2) At 12:30, the ACLU and the CATO institute will be holding a
discussion forum on HB1582, the bill to ban RealID in New Hampshire,
in rooms 301-303 of the Legislative Office Building.  This event will
get press coverage. We want to FILL THE ROOM and
show everyone who sees the press coverage that lots of New
Hampshirites support this bill. More importantly, we want to show our
Senators we support it, as they will be having a committee hearing on
this bill on MONDAY.  Once again, please dress, and plan on behaving,
professionally. Cato has already expressed "concerns" over the
prospect of a bunch of Free Staters showing up at their event.  :crazy3:

If there's any way you can be in Concord this Thursday, please do so!
You can support two great causes with one trip!  Hope to see you all
there.

Kat Kanning

Fuck Cato.  This has much more to do with us in NH than it concerns them.

Friday

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on April 05, 2006, 07:07 AM NHFT
Yes, it's happening on the 22nd! How come ya keep asking that?  :icon_pirat:
Because in the email that Dada just posted she said that
Great news! This just in from NH State Rep. Neal Kurk:

The CATO/ACLU forum on HB 1582 is set for Thursday, April 6, at 12:30 in rooms 301-303 of the Legislative Office Building in Concord.
    Its focus is on senators.  I understand they're to receive personal invitations.  I also understand that press will be present.
    A large crowd would add luster to the occasion and show public support for the bill.

I'll say! Let's raise the roof on this one. (This would be a perfect time to do our theatrical "your papers, please" event.)
Maybe she wants to set it up for both days.

Russell Kanning

CATO has concerns? Well maybe it will start getting a little too dicey for them ....... when we start a revolution! :brave:

I wonder if they would have been associated with Ghandi at events.

Dave Ridley

I'm locking this thread because it duplicates another.  To discuss this issue, head to
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3348.0