• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Friday on April 15, 2006, 09:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: TN-FSP on April 14, 2006, 06:15 PM NHFT
I hope that I can do something to get you to say something like that to me.  I love honest people.

First things first, grasshopper.  You still need to rent Kill Bill (both volumes) and Spirited Away to understand my avatar references.  ;D

Kill Bill I and II are in my blockbuster.com quere and I should watch them by the end of May.  Please bring Spirited Away to Porcfest so I can watch it with you and you can educate me about it (or not, I am not trying to tell you what to do, yet)  ;D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on April 15, 2006, 05:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on April 15, 2006, 03:22 PM NHFT
Forget it Denis .... she is going to throw you in the clink along with me on the 22nd.
That sounds fun. Let's stage a dramatic escape ;)

Maybe Batman can come and save us.

TackleTheWorld

"The States must require..."
"The States must confirm..."

Dang!  The salaries of the new state employees doing the requiring and confirming alone would be over $3M.

Kat Kanning

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 07, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Evenstar on April 07, 2006, 07:18 PM NHFT
Ah, now I understand better why babelfish choked.  :)

My friends and I used this expression all the time 30 years ago,  but, knowing no french, I unly repeated what I heard, something that saounded like 'foure La Ta'.  I googled the English version and pieced it together.

Baise L'Etat (this is the current version of "fuck" in French; the things you learn when trying to speak with your mother-in-law and mispronouncing things....  :-[ )

Kat Kanning

Oh, I just talked to my Mom....the talk show guy she listens to in TX interviews Katherine Albrecht often, and talks about her book.  She said she had heard all about this rally, and this talk show guy was planning on attending.  I guess if people are coming all the way from TX, it's going to be a big rally.

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on April 15, 2006, 01:32 PM NHFT
I am sorry.

No, *I* am sorry for being so mouthy to you.  I failed to follow Varrin's Law: wait at least 24 hours before responding to a post that ticks you off.   :P

Friday

Quote from: TN-FSP on April 15, 2006, 05:59 PM NHFT
Please bring Spirited Away to Porcfest so I can watch it with you and you can educate me about it (or not, I am not trying to tell you what to do, yet)  ;D

You do know it's a kids movie, right?  It's a beautiful, whimsical kids movie by Miyozaki, whom many consider to be the greatest animator alive.  I don't know if you're into that sort of thing.  I still watch kids movies and read kids books; but then, I am immature.  :icon_jokercolor:

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on April 16, 2006, 06:30 AM NHFT
Merged three topics on this subject.

Thank you!!  I just read through the whole merged thread and realize that I was missing some background on certain posts (specifically, why Russell kept wondering if the rally was cancelled).

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on April 16, 2006, 07:52 AM NHFT
Oh, I just talked to my Mom....the talk show guy she listens to in TX interviews Katherine Albrecht often, and talks about her book.  She said she had heard all about this rally, and this talk show guy was planning on attending.  I guess if people are coming all the way from TX, it's going to be a big rally.

Is this the "Number of the Beast" guy? Is your Mom very religious?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Friday on April 16, 2006, 08:07 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on April 16, 2006, 07:52 AM NHFT

Is this the "Number of the Beast" guy? Is your Mom very religious?

Probably.  Yes, she's very religious.

Re:  spirited away - I liked that one.  The other day Kira got one from netflix that said it was for 2-4 year olds, but it turned out to be good.  It was "My Neighbor Totoro".  Kira was speculating that Japanese children were more sophisticated than American kids, if that was for 2-4 year olds.

Have you seen Kiki's Delivery Service or Castle in the Sky?  We liked both of those.

Friday

Roger, how would you feel about potentially having one of your designs get national press coverage?  :icon_pirat:

I'm getting a banner made that will be visible on stage, behind the podium.  It needs to say something really clear like "NH Out of RealID", "NH Against National ID", etc.  But the cost is the same whether it's pure text or has pictures in it.  I was thinking of putting one of your designs either before or after the text. Of the designs you've posted so far, I prefer the Uncle Sam one. Or if you want to experiment with what you can come up with in dimensions of 2x8, feel free.  Or if this is not OK with you, let me know. 

d_goddard

Quote from: katdillon on April 16, 2006, 09:52 AM NHFT
Re:  spirited away - I liked that one.  The other day Kira got one from netflix that said it was for 2-4 year olds, but it turned out to be good.  It was "My Neighbor Totoro".  Kira was speculating that Japanese children were more sophisticated than American kids, if that was for 2-4 year olds.

Have you seen Kiki's Delivery Service or Castle in the Sky?  We liked both of those.

Requesting this be bumped over to:
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3511.0

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on April 16, 2006, 11:04 AM NHFT
Roger, how would you feel about potentially having one of your designs get national press coverage?  :icon_pirat:

I'm getting a banner made that will be visible on stage, behind the podium.  It needs to say something really clear like "NH Out of RealID", "NH Against National ID", etc.  But the cost is the same whether it's pure text or has pictures in it.  I was thinking of putting one of your designs either before or after the text. Of the designs you've posted so far, I prefer the Uncle Sam one. Or if you want to experiment with what you can come up with in dimensions of 2x8, feel free.  Or if this is not OK with you, let me know. 

Your wish is my command. :)

Feedback welcome.
(Altered the Uncle Sam part for grammar)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Friday

I love it!!  Let me just run it by Joel et al.  Thanks!

FYI, my "Welcome to the Machine" sign sits in a place of honor in my living room.   :bow: