• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Yes she is pretty, she brings money, but in Keene she still can't get Pepperoni !  :)

toowm

QuoteI can't wait to see the pic of Varrin with "666" across his forehead.

Oh, shoot! I've been wanting to meet Varrin. We must have passed several times.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on April 22, 2006, 05:46 PM NHFT
And who is that tiny masked avenger darting across the frame in multiple photos??   :glasses13:  Could it be that even SUPERHEROES oppose NationalID?

When they attempted to stop Batman at the ID checkpoint he said "I don't need no stinkin' ID". ;D

Batman said he had a real good time. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

aries

That looks like it was awesome!

I wish I could've been there.

Tom Sawyer

burnthebeautiful

I fucking love it. ;D Seeing pictures like this makes me all giddy. I hope I can participate in something this summer when I visit ;D

Is Dave packing in that last picture? :)

KBCraig

Pat K

Just got done looking at the pics= You guys are great.

Loved that goose stepping.  ;D

tracysaboe

I love the kid in the Batman suit.  :D

Maybe he's reading "Year 100"
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5190

Looks like it was a big success.  I hope it had an impact on the Republicans in the state Senate.

Tracy

PowerPenguin

Did you guys get this on Saturday's FTL episode and/or other radio/blog/media? If not, get it done monday promptly! If someone can put together a simple "press release" of this event ASAP in a few paragraphs, I can put this to my blog, which gets lots of traffic and is picked up by various automatic RSS aggregators. Keep up the local pressure, and it couldn't hurt to Read it's Own Bills, which would prevent or at least severely slow down BS (un)Patriot Act related crap and so much more on the federal end. A two-pronged approach would be a good idea.

If anyone gets pics/videos on line, we can promo these as well. Did the Keene Free Press run anything (Assuming anyone knows yet)?

Pat McCotter

Friday

d_goddard

There were two good-sized, prominent articles about Real-ID in the Concord Monitor today.
As I post this, the articles are not on their website; I don't know if they will be later on, or not.

First, we made the top story on the frontpage of the "Local & State" section! :)
Headline: "They Really don't like Real-ID"
Big photo of Lauren & Jim as Nazis, with Cal "Sgt. Bilko" searching someone, and Russ pulling out his ID to get past the "checkpoint".
Quotes from people at the event: CP member DeBenedictis, Patriot Rev. Lear, Spychips author Albrecht, Lauren Canario, Rep. Bicknell, and Rep. Kurk.

Second, a long op-ed piece, top frontpage of the "Viewpoints" section, by staffer Eric Moskowitz.
Title: "Is Real ID a sign of the apocalypse?"
He mentions Rep. Kurk's awesome speech, and that it's been picked up by many bloggers. Believe it or not, he mentions freetalklive.com!
He also mentions Katherine Albrecht, Irving Baxter, CASPIAN, and Joel Winters.

Neither article was anywhere near as stilted as the Concord Monitor's articles usually are. One gets the impression they may have actually written them after the event (as opposed to beforehand, ahem). My one gripe is that the first article says the rally was attended by "more than 100" people; I conservatively guesstimated 150+, DadaOrwell's one-by-one hand count sets the number at 170.

<<Edit: grammar Nazi: fixed improper apostophe placement>>

ravelkinbow

The rally could not have been better, it had everything!  The people lining the street with signs and all everything else.  What ticks me off is the press.  They are keeping us out and I think we all know why and who is behind it.  I want you guys to know that we where told they would come but apparently gas prices are more important than freedom.

that's my 2 cents

Ron Helwig

Quote from: ravelkinbow on April 23, 2006, 10:17 AM NHFT
The rally could not have been better, it had everything!  The people lining the street with signs and all everything else.  What ticks me off is the press.  They are keeping us out and I think we all know why and who is behind it.  I want you guys to know that we where told they would come but apparently gas prices are more important than freedom.

that's my 2 cents

I'd also like to have seen a large crowd. 170 probably isn't bad, but hopefully we can do better as we learn more about how to do these.

In Minnesota we grew our anti-tax protests into the 5,000 range.