• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ravelkinbow

that is the hard part...getting enough volunteers to help, the more volunteers the more people get reached. 

Any volunteers there is still work to be done!

dawn

Sounds like an excellent turn out, awesome pictures, and even some mainstream press coverage. Nothing to complain about there! Very professionally done, from what I can read and see here - you should all be very proud of your accomplishment.

Here are a couple of suggestions for those of you who are unhappy with the media response (although this may have already been thought of or done): send a follow up photo or two to the papers that did not send someone to the event, as well as a post event press release. LTE's could help too.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell thought it was going to take place on the sidewalk in front of the arch. This would have consentrated those who attended and, having added to the visability,  might have  dragged more people off the street.  This is something to think about in the future.
Congradulations and thanks to the organizers!

Friday

I agree, the rally went VERY well, very professional, all the bases covered, couldn't have been handled better, really.  Congratulations to Joel, Jenn, Michael, Katherine and all their volunteers for making it happen!! 

It's disappointing that it didn't get more media coverage, but perhaps it just takes a bit of time to convince the media that we are a force to be reckoned with. I strongly suspect that if HB1582 passes, they'll show up at the next rally.  ;)

Atlas

intergraph19

What I found most interesting were the passers by that I talked to for the hour before the rally were all against the national ID.  I even talked to a couple of older gents who were visiting from out of state who felt the same.  In fact, when I was here at work yesterday I got talking to a couple people and they too, were against NH's participation in the Real ID.  Nice to know that NHers are still as grounded as I remeber. 

John

I never thought the would print the "FU."  That is exactly what I said when asked for my "papers please."  I told the Nazis that I had intened to have that written on a piece of paper for them, but that I had forgotten it.

What would happen in the real word when one "forgets" his "papers?"

Pat McCotter

John

btw, Thanks to everyone who put this event together. You did a GREAT job!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: katdillon on April 23, 2006, 01:58 PM NHFT
Here are direct links to the articles:
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/REPOSITORY/604230386
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/REPOSITORY/604230376

Does anyone else see the same tone in both articles ie. that these wackos are against making it harder for terrorists to board planes.

The media is a double edged sword on these kind of issues. We need to promote our own coverage of these events within the pro-liberty universe of blogs and forums etc. This is much more effective than hoping to appeal to joe average citizen through the filter of mass media.

Get a hundred more motivated activists to come and help... that is more effective than reaching 1000 peoples voting support.

I said it to Dave Ridley and I'll say it to the group... let's show the rest of the freedom movement that there is a party going on and they should come join in. NH needs to be seen as the place to be.

Take up Dave's challenge and spread the tale of the Battle of Concord to stop National ID on other forums, blogs etc. http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=2613.45 Come back to the forum and let everybody else know the results of your efforts.

We can grab our allies attention, they are our real audience. :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

I agree. You can't always get media members to write good stories about you. Being our own media .... reaching out to like-minded people, works.
The Senators are not listening to us. The mainstream media doesn't quite understand, but we had 4 new movers to NH yesterday at the party. Good people are attracted to what we are doing here in NH.

jgmaynard

Sorry, I have to disagree. I think that both are important - remember, we CAN NOT win by majority - we HAVE to win through persuaion and swinging people to our side. Advertising around lib-friendly circles is great for getting new activists, advertising and taking part in mainstream media is needed to garnish support.
Just my $0.02.

JM

d_goddard

Quote from: Roger Grant on April 23, 2006, 03:22 PM NHFT
We need to promote our own coverage of these events within the pro-liberty universe of blogs and forums etc. ... let's show the rest of the freedom movement that there is a party going on and they should come join in. NH needs to be seen as the place to be.

Hear, hear!
Point taken; postings made to the FSP Livejournal and of course to FreeStateBlogs

It's a damn cryin' shame nobody called in to FreeTalkLive last night; Saturday is their biggest show, lots of live listeners actively called in from Indianapolis, Washington state, etc., last night. For the record, I'm as much to blame as anyone on that score. I sometimes do call in, but just plain dropped the ball this time.

KBCraig

Quote from: Roger Grant on April 23, 2006, 03:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on April 23, 2006, 01:58 PM NHFT
Here are direct links to the articles:
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/REPOSITORY/604230386
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/REPOSITORY/604230376

Does anyone else see the same tone in both articles ie. that these wackos are against making it harder for terrorists to board planes.

I didn't sense that tone at all. I thought they were quite open and favorable.

Kevin