• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: jgmaynard on April 23, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
Sorry, I have to disagree. I think that both are important - remember, we CAN NOT win by majority - we HAVE to win through persuaion and swinging people to our side. Advertising around lib-friendly circles is great for getting new activists, advertising and taking part in mainstream media is needed to garnish support.
Just my $0.02.

JM

My point is alot of people have the view that making it into the paper or on TV is the highest acheivement. It's good and I'm happy that some attention was paid to the efforts of those that participated.

But, the "balanced" coverage approach and the need to make a cheeky story means that ourside is portrayed as spouting
Quote"a sign of the apocalypse" and "...comparing the United States to Nazi Germany and warning against everything from a police state to the start of the apocalypse. Tim DeBenedictis, of Wakefield, was one of a handful of people with stickers bearing the number "666" stuck to their foreheads".

Meanwhile, the government's position is so reasonable to err towards the presumed protections
Quote"...more thoroughly screen people applying for driver's licenses, issue licenses that contain anti-fraud precautions such as computer chips, and create a database with digital copies of drivers' birth certificates and other identifying documents. Anyone flying on an airplane, opening a bank account or entering a federal building would need to have the national ID card or a passport."

And I'm not looking for new members to the party, I'm saying given another one hundred-- Laurens, Sandys, Russells, Kats, Daves etc. and we will be quite alot more effective. (Not to ignore the dozens others that have attacked this from all the angles.)

This approach is a new model, that will replace the old top down organizations model. This forums creation and growth stand in testiment to what can be done, on a shoestring budget by motivated, experienced activists. We need to build the core group. Going door to door might be what some folks are into, I'm interested in bringing the talent that already exists on to our decentralized team. Just one more activist... could be the key player that makes something cool we can't even dream up now happen.

I don't believe this is a numbers game, inspire and motivate the folks that are waiting for a place to put their efforts. The chaotic and wonderful results will grow from that.  :)

jgmaynard

I thought the articles were good as well.......

Here's the letter I just finsihed to Eaton. I know he and his brother Dan disagree vigorously on politics, so I decided to try to get an "in"...
What do you all think?

Dear Senator Eaton:

My name is James Maynard, and I am a native or New Hampshire and a resident of Keene for twelve years. In fact, I once debated your brother, Dan, at Keene High School.
I am writing to you concerning HB 1582, which will soon come up for a vote by the NH Senate. This bill, as you are likely aware, would keep our proud state from participating in the REAL-ID program recently passed 100-0 by the U.S. Senate.
REAL-ID is, in my opinion, contrary to both the U.S. and the NH Constitutions, as well as being an unfunded mandate. I strongly urge you to vote for HB 1582 in order to uphold our state?s strong independent heritage.
A little known fact is that the very first ship in the U.S. Navy was not only built in Portsmouth, but was manned, largely, by a crew chosen from New Hampshire. When the captain, none other than the infamous John Paul Jones, would give an order, his crew would go below deck and vote on whether or not they would follow his latest order. This is the spirit that drives the people of New Hampshire: not one of conformity and submission, but a hunger for freedom, liberty and common sense.
You will hear calls that such this de-facto national ID card will make us safer, but any additional degree of safety which may be gained will be short-lived as those who wish to harm us will, inevitably, find a way around security measures. We need only look at how often Microsoft puts out security updates to see how short-lived computer security is in the modern day. The cost, however, will never go away as we will all become numbers: our lives and personal information forever at the mercy of federal databases that can, at any time, be taken from within or without. Our privacy, our livelihoods and our senior?s hard-earned nest eggs can be taken anytime with such a behemoth mass of personal data in the hands of the Washington bureaucrats, far removed from the realities of the lives of everyday citizens of New Hampshire.
You will hear calls that we cannot pass up or even ?lose? the $3 Million NH will receive from implementing REAL-ID.  However, with in-state costs for this program estimated to cost between eleven and thirty million dollars, voting yes on HB 1582 and rejecting REAL-ID will SAVE the state millions of dollars.
You will hear calls that rejecting REAL-ID will require the people of the state to produce a passport in order to board aircraft or to enter federal buildings. But I ask, at what price Liberty? I, personally, would consider that a small price to pay for standing up for freedom.
My grandfather fought in World War II, becoming injured supporting the forces of General Patton at the Battle of the Bulge. The evil he was fighting was guilty of several of the most horrific crimes in history. One of the hallmarks of the Nazi regime was national identification cards. We all recall the clich? in movies of that time ?Your papers, please?. Although it was only one small part of the Nazi mindset, I believe that it is a pretty good rule-of-thumb that if the Nazis did something, it?s probably a good idea not to do it.
New Hampshire has been chosen to become one of the first two states to be a testing ground for REAL-ID. Let history show that the test showed the courage of the people of New Hampshire. Let our children read in their books that when, for the first time in history, the Federal Government tried to enact a national ID, the people of New Hampshire stood up and said NO! Let the test ground be here and let that testing show the force, the power and the right of our Constitutional heritage. Let New Hampshire be the line in the sand where the people of this nation say that we will NEVER hear the phrase ?Your papers, please?, except in old grainy movies.
You have the power to make that happen, Senator. Please vote yes on HB 1582.

Respectfully,

James Maynard
63 Castle St. #2
Keene, NH 03431

Tom Sawyer

davemincin

Agree the protest turned out really well, especially when you consider
we are rookies, just learning the game.  Dave's numbers about 170 is
pretty much in my opinion right on.

What I take issue with is Keene is the hot bed of activism in NH?  Hello,
Joel, from Manchester, and Jenn, form Concord where the folks most responsible
and the folks who work the hardest to make this happen, not the Keene
folks!

Sure a few Keene folks showed up and the uniforms were super, but hey just
calling it as I see it.  The vast majority of the folks who showed up were not
from Keene, the vast majority of the folks who have been working there butts
off for freedom are not from Keene.  Hoping to give them there dues.

Don't mean to be disrespectful to the few folks in Keene who have been helping,
but do want to dispell the myth that all that is happening here in NH is coming
from Keene!

I Salute the few folks in Keene who are helping, but feel real bad about the impresseions that may be thrown out that they are the only helpers.

Guess I am throwing this at you Ian and your radio show...Most of us, are more
quiet, don't have time to throw out thousands of post on this forum?  Just work
quietly to promote freedom.  Ask anyone, I know the folks, and I know that they
are doing it!

So hoping when you get to NH you see the real picture!

Oh hell, there goes my karma with this post! :)

Tom Sawyer

No arguement from me Dave... :)

All you folks rock.

With the multi-point pitchfork approach we hit these things from all angles.

I salute all the activists!

davemincin

Hey Roger....Pleasue meeting you and the misses Saturday! :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: davemincin on April 23, 2006, 06:59 PM NHFT
Hey Roger....Pleasue meeting you and the misses Saturday! :)

Yeah, it's funny it was like I already knew you, I was working on a graphic and looking through pictures from PorcFest and had just cut out your smiling face. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

davemincin

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: davemincin on April 23, 2006, 06:49 PM NHFT
Agree the protest turned out really well, especially when you consider
we are rookies, just learning the game.  Dave's numbers about 170 is
pretty much in my opinion right on.

What I take issue with is Keene is the hot bed of activism in NH?  Hello,
Joel, from Manchester, and Jenn, form Concord where the folks most responsible
and the folks who work the hardest to make this happen, not the Keene
folks!

Sure a few Keene folks showed up and the uniforms were super, but hey just
calling it as I see it.  The vast majority of the folks who showed up were not
from Keene, the vast majority of the folks who have been working there butts
off for freedom are not from Keene.  Hoping to give them there dues.

Don't mean to be disrespectful to the few folks in Keene who have been helping,
but do want to dispell the myth that all that is happening here in NH is coming
from Keene!

I Salute the few folks in Keene who are helping, but feel real bad about the impresseions that may be thrown out that they are the only helpers.

Guess I am throwing this at you Ian and your radio show...Most of us, are more
quiet, don't have time to throw out thousands of post on this forum?  Just work
quietly to promote freedom.  Ask anyone, I know the folks, and I know that they
are doing it!

So hoping when you get to NH you see the real picture!

Oh hell, there goes my karma with this post! :)

What the HELL prompted this? 

Tom Sawyer

My listing of specific folks was because Sandy was the one who I followed into this event (she kept us informed), Kat and Russell are the creators of the forum I partcipate in, and where I found out about this event/issue. I don't live in NH so I'm happy with Dave for doing enough communications to cover for people like me. And Lauren and Jim's uniform idea, made me laugh, and got me to resurrect my alter ego Lt. Roger Wilco. :icon_pirat:

I should have mentioned others like Denis, etc. that I followed the internal goings on through. My not mentioning Joel, and everybody else is just I haven't been tuned in to those channels.

I follow people I trust and respect... that list is growing in this movement. :D

d_goddard

Quote from: jgmaynard on April 23, 2006, 05:43 PM NHFT
Here's the letter I just finsihed to Eaton. I know he and his brother Dan disagree vigorously on politics, so I decided to try to get an "in"...
What do you all think?

You hit all the right points... and the bit about debating his brother in High School, damn, that's too good!

Eaton is exactly the kind of (R) we need to bring over to our side to win this.
Thank you, John!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: davemincin on April 23, 2006, 06:49 PM NHFTMost of us, are more
quiet, don't have time to throw out thousands of post on this forum? Just work
quietly to promote freedom.
:laughing9: :laughing6: :laughing7: :laughing4:

John

Hey Dave,
I'll boost your Karma - even though that post makes me say WOW.

John

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 23, 2006, 07:46 PM NHFT

What the HELL prompted this? 

You must have promted that Lloyd.  You're the one who car pooled caravaned all "those people" from "out west."  (Sorry I couldn't help it.  :o)
Peace!

John

James,
The letter to Eaton is very, very nice!
If that doesn't win his vote, he may not be worth voting for.
Thanks for sending it!